OneDrive Music Error on Phone

SASSBS

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi All

On Thursday 22nd October 2015 my Lumia 930 started giving me the following error with music uploaded to oneDrive, this was music that had played earlier in the day/week and month.

Sorry We Can't play this file on your Phone Error Code 80072F76

Occasionally one of the songs in the album will play then the error will appear again.

This is doing it on both Wifi and Mobile data, downloading the songs works fine.

The same songs that fail to play on my phone will play fine via Groove Music app and website on my Surface and PC so it doesn't seem to be a Song/OneDrive issue more an issue with the phone.

I have tried a soft reboot, a restart and cleared the cache using Storage Sense nothing is working.

Interestingly any song from Groove Music Pass will play fine it's just my uploaded music that is causing the problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
You could try another music application that will play music from your OneDrive. Unfortunately I can't think of any right now since I hardly ever play music from my OneDrive as I have it stored locally (on a microSD card...which your Lumia 930 sadly doesn't have). This way you can tell if it's an application problem or a phone problem.

I'd also try going into your OneDrive application on your phone and trying to play music from there. Maybe it's a OneDrive on mobiles issue.

SASSBS

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am unaware any other app works with OneDrive for music

The music plays fine using the OneDrive app and if I download it.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Hi
I am unaware any other app works with OneDrive for music

The music plays fine using the OneDrive app and if I download it.
Sounds like an Xbox Music issue. I'd look in the store for a music alternative and read the features page on highly-rated highly-downloaded music apps for OneDrive integration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss