OneDrive (New User Issues)

N31L_C

Mar 6, 2019
Visit site
New user of Onedrive here on Windows 10.

I initially set it up tonight but have now uninstalled it and deleted all files from my OneDrive until I can understand how it works first.

Firstly, if I resign up again to one drive will it attempt to sync my previous files with my laptop and, as I’ve deleted everything that had been uploaded before from OneDrive, start deleting these files from my HDD on my laptop. This is what was happening previously when I deleted a folder from the OneDrive that I had synced in error. I removed it from the OneDrive and it also synced and deleted it from my HDD. The folder that had originated on my HDD and was initially backed up to OneDrive had been deleted?

Secondly I started to use OneDrive as I wanted to be able to back up certain folders on my HDD automatically via sync. My idea was that I could create quotes for customers and work in and save job files on my laptop, save these to my HDD and automatically they’d be synced to OneDrive as a backup giving me two copies. One on my HDD and a backup on OneDrive that I could also benefit of viewing when away from the office on my phone via the app or another PC if required. Apart from the initial sync when I set it all up when I had created and saved new files on my HDD they weren’t automatically appearing on the OneDrive, even after a few hours? Is it the case that I have to drag bad drop every single new file to the OneDrive for it to initially sync?

Sorry for the long post but I’m new this so I’m unsure of how best to tackle it?

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
If you initially set it up to sync a large number of files it could take a day or so to finish uploading everything.

N31L_C

Mar 6, 2019
Visit site
If you initially set it up to sync a large number of files it could take a day or so to finish uploading everything.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

My initial back up was around 1.5Gb and it seemed to do this with ease in a short period of time. The OneDrive ‘hub’ was displaying as synced and up to date.

It seems to be afterwards if I saved some new files to my laptop in the folders I’d chosen to sync that the new files never seemed to be uploaded. I waited a good few hours but nothing. All the new files were only a few MB in size so size and upload time shouldn’t have been an issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers