Only 3 windows phones? No Lumias?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
This is SO disappointing.. I read Nadella's comments on not needing a 3rd ecosystem. Arg.

I need to upgrade myself because my beloved green 1520 is having problems (power button doesn't work, phantom finger, etc). I will probably go to a 950xl.

My oldest daughter has an orange Lumia 820 and Surface 4, and my son has a red Lumia 640 and Dell gaming notebook. My youngest daughter is about to turn 13 and has a dell ultrabook and we plan to get her a phone for her birthday and I was looking at another 640.

Not that I will do this, but lets just say I DO get my kids an android phone. Which to get?
I know nothing of android, except the rumors you hear: they get viruses, google etc track everything you do, etc.
Right now I get weekly emails on my kids activities, will that continue if they get an android?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Not that I will do this, but lets just say I DO get my kids an android phone. Which to get?
I know nothing of android, except the rumors you hear: they get viruses, google etc track everything you do, etc.
Right now I get weekly emails on my kids activities, will that continue if they get an android?

There are a good number of solid mid-range options, it just depends how much you care about updates. As for your other question, I'm not sure unfortunately. Hopefully someone can chime in about that.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a five person family and it's time to get my youngest her first phone. We love the Lumia line! I went to the Microsoft store and looked at the phones, and there are only 3: Alcatel Idol, HP Elite, and Acer Liquid. None of them are Lumias! Where do you buy lumia phones? I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.. :unhappysweat:
Swappa. I find the quality of the phones to be better there.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This is SO disappointing.. I read Nadella's comments on not needing a 3rd ecosystem. Arg.

I need to upgrade myself because my beloved green 1520 is having problems (power button doesn't work, phantom finger, etc). I will probably go to a 950xl.

My oldest daughter has an orange Lumia 820 and Surface 4, and my son has a red Lumia 640 and Dell gaming notebook. My youngest daughter is about to turn 13 and has a dell ultrabook and we plan to get her a phone for her birthday and I was looking at another 640.

I am in the same boat. My 1520 was also giving me phantom finger problems, and it was having bluetooth connectivity issues, random reboots when I was in the middle of calls and a few other issues that made it too unreliable for my needs. My kids have all moved from WP to iOS because of the lack of new games and last week I got a Galaxy Note 4 from amazon for a pretty cheap price.

It is sad to move away from WP, but so far, I am surprised at how much I am enjoying Android.

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I have a dead red 1520 in the attic, maybe I will pull it out and see if I can keep my patched-together "millennium falcon" green 1520 going.

My phantom finger is so bad it starts calling people. The fact that my power button does not work means I can't stop it!

Even so, I still get comments when I pull the phone out "wow, what kind of phone is that?"

Where is the WP therapy group? While I was enjoying all the things MS had to offer, I was asleep at the wheel assuming MS had my best interests in mind. I had heard of the unified OS and thought it was a great idea, I just didn't know they would drop the mobile/phone part of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss