OnStar App

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So, I received an Email today that the OnStar RemoteLink app is being discontinued and if you own a GM Vehicle with functionality you must use it's respective app. (MyGMC, MyChevrolet, MyBuick, MyCadillac).
These apps are only available to iOS & Android. I sent them an email back asking about Windows Mobile support since the OnStar RemoteLink App worked fine on Windows Mobile.

Everyone please send emails to customercare@onstar.com and request they also address Windows Mobile.

Thank you.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I now have an iphone, but the MyChevrolet app isn't as good as the Onstar app. It is slower for sure. Add that to the fact that it isn't available on Windows Mobile, and that is a real kick in the pants.

I did not get that email though.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I now have an iphone, but the MyChevrolet app isn't as good as the Onstar app. It is slower for sure. Add that to the fact that it isn't available on Windows Mobile, and that is a real kick in the pants.

I did not get that email though.

From what I can tell the email has only went out to GMC Customers currently as my father with a Chevrolet has not received it yet. However, if you go to the OnStar webpage they state the same as I sated above that you must use the "My" apps.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Here is the email I received.

The new myGMC mobile app is replacing RemoteLink.

Now you can connect with your vehicle like never
before with the myGMC mobile app1.
The most comprehensive app of its kind, it brings all the best features of the
RemoteLink mobile app plus many more - remote start, lock/unlock, vehicle
diagnostics, send a destination to your vehicle, set parking reminders, locate a
dealer near you, schedule service, search owner manual content and more.

Visit your app store to download the app.
Available for compatible iOS and Android smartphones.

TIP: Your OnStar?2 RemoteLink username and password will work with the myGMC app.
Don?t have these? Recover your password at onstar.com.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I have noticed is that the apps are not the same on ios and windows. I have a Volt, and on the ios app I can change charge settings, and set charge reminders and notifications, but on the windows app that is not available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo