OPERA mini for Windows Phone Discussion

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
In the last days, Opera didn't work at all even with the update... and today Opera is working, just like that, didn't do anything special... it just start to rolling and now it seems stable for now... kind of funky beta from Opera, it crashed, then got fixed from nothing... and the interface looks from WM6.1

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
This is ridiculous. After each update it works fine for some time, then starts crashing again. I updated last night, checked, it was fine. Today it can't open pages-crash!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any crashes but I have noticed that mobile websites do not register usernames and passwords. Only on desktop pages do they work. Weird.
Sent from a Fire Engine Red Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The update I got today (v 0.9.0.4) is literally the first of what, five? six? versions I've downloaded that made it past the splash screen. Every other version has crashed on startup 100% of the time - so I wasn't expecting much from this.

But what I got was a pretty nice web browser. Speedy, fluid, and some nice touches that I like (these things are probably old hat to experienced Opera users, but I haven't touched Opera since my WM6.0 phone...)

• I like the way it handles "open in a new tab," by NOT switching to the new tab, but rather opening it "behind" the one I'm still reading. That's the way I use desktop IE, and the way I'd LIKE to use WP IE.
  • I like that when I scroll up or down a long page FAST, I get an up or down arrow that will zoom me right to the top or the bottom, since that's generally the only reason I would have scrolled FAST in the first place.
  • I like that it keeps a count of the number of tabs I have open - WP IE used to do that, but I guess the guy who was in charge of counting things quit or something.

Where IE does better in tab management is by displaying open tabs as a list of thumbnails, so I can easily see which is which. (It undermines that goodness by changing the freaking order of the list every time I look at it, of course - but still.)

Overall, I'm pretty impressed so far - not sure if it will become my Browser Of Choice, but it's far better than I expected it to be.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Won't load any pages on my 1520. It has never worked at all. App starts but always errors out when trying load any sites. Same with the latest update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria