Ordering of albums with multiple discs

markhearfield

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a number of cd albums that have multiple discs. In iTunes, on my iPad, on my iPhone, in Google play music these all play in the correct order - i.e. CD1 Track1, CD1 Track2, CD1 Track3, etc. However, on my 1020 (whichever music player I use) and in Xbox Music on my PC it seems to lose the disc id, so it plays CD1 Track1, CD2 Track1, CD3 Track1, CD1 Track2, etc. Is this how it is for everyone? Is there a fix? I've had a look at the files themselves on my 1020 using Tag Editor and there doesn't seem to be a tag for disc number??

markhearfield

May 28, 2014
Visit site
David,

Windows Media Player does the same error.... lists/plays using track number and ignores disc number (so if you had a triple cd album, it plays 3 x track 1s, then 3 x track 2s, etc.).

Guess MS haven't got to grips with multi cd albums so I'll have to live with it.... or switch back to iOS or Android!

tdebaets

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Indeed, there's little to no support for disc numbers in Microsoft products. To work around this, you could make a separate album of each disc. You can do this by giving each disc its own title, e.g. Greatest Hits CD1 and Greatest Hits CD2.

For what it's worth, the Windows Media Player Plus! plug-in can add disc number support to WMP, but that of course won't help on your 1020 or in Xbox Music.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss