Outlook 365 email date-time wrong on sent emails

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem for about 1 week and I'm tearing my hair out. I send an email (happens on all accounts) and the time date is correct in my sent folder, but when I receive a reply from the recipient I notice that the time date is a different time and 1-1/2 years in the future.

This happens when using Windows mail on my desktop (Windows 10) or through Outlook from my browser. I've tried both Firefox (my default) and Edge. Some problem all around.

My date, time and region settings are all correct. I have removed and re-added accounts through Outlook online and Windows Mail.

ARGH! HELP! :unhappysweat:

See image for one just sent a bit ago at about 9:20ish AM on 11/30/2016

Time-date Capture.JPG

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
That time is when receive on your email server. The time setting is messed up on your email server. If you send yourself an email it still goes thru a SMTP server to your incoming email server.

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Solved ... it was my ISP (Roadrunner). Emails (pop) were not being deleted even though I had it set for deletion from all devices. Still don't know why, but I had to remove thousands. I guess it pays to check your email at the ISP sometimes. :wink:

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I have roadrunner also but I don't have emails deleted after downloading so i can get on multiple devices. But I have to go onto server using a web connection and its slow to refresh the page on the email server.

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll say ... it's extremely slow! I will try remember to check the server at least twice weekly so I have less to delete. I don't know if your screen name indicates an Ohio connection, but I'm an Ohio native. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb