Outlook Mail Closes Automatically - Can't Copy/Paste

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
After the latest update a couple days ago, I have discovered I can't copy text from an email to paste into another app (e.g. Edge). At first I thought I wasn't copying it correctly so pasted the text into a draft of an email and that worked fine. Then I noticed that when I switch to another app from Mail (again e.g. Edge), that the Mail app is closed; i.e. it doesn't appear as an option when I hit the back button and view open apps. The clipboard buffer must clear when Mail closes and hence the inability to paste.

Am I the only one having this issue?

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I see that too. I've tried to paste a phone number from an e-mail into a text message to somebody else, and no matter what it simply doesn't work. No matter what method I use to switch from the open e-mail to the open text message, when I get there the "paste" icon is visible on the keyboard, but it does nothing, and promptly disappears.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I see that too. I've tried to paste a phone number from an e-mail into a text message to somebody else, and no matter what it simply doesn't work. No matter what method I use to switch from the open e-mail to the open text message, when I get there the "paste" icon is visible on the keyboard, but it does nothing, and promptly disappears.
That's an app wrong installation. You can wait next update (there was one this morning) or hard reset

sdoca

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried again this morning and it worked. Just tried again and it's not working. Did a soft reset (powered down,removed the battery, powered up) and still not working. When I go to another app, Mail closes itself. :(

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Mail app is crap, doesn't sync properly for me. Subfolders don't show the emails that should be there, these missing emails show fine on the web version on the Outlook.com website. I've now configured my outlook.com account with Outlook 2010 (as an Exchange account), and it works perfectly showing the contents of all folders/sub-folders as it should. It also syncs my calendar properly too when configured like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo