Outlook sync error 80004005 on my Lumia 920

Alexander Kostov

New member
Aug 24, 2013
5
0
0
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place. I recently decided to move grom Gmail to Outlook, but when I made an outlook mail account on my Lumia 920 it just would not sync. I receive an "Outlook error" with "Error code: 80004005". I googled it but didn't find any solution regarding my situation (the results I found with the same error code were about Outlook 2013 on PC). Please help!
 

Alexander Kostov

New member
Aug 24, 2013
5
0
0
Visit site
No, I'm sorry but this didn't really help me, it's about someone using a personal domain. I'm using Outlook.com. I'm so dissapointed, how can Microsoft fail to provide a normal mailing experience on its own platform with its own mailing service.
 
Last edited:

AR2186

New member
Dec 18, 2012
754
0
0
Visit site
Try setting it up again using advanced settings, it sounds like it pulled down the settings incorrectly when you set it up or you possibly changed something in the settings.

Have you tried deleting the account and starting over?
 

Alexander Kostov

New member
Aug 24, 2013
5
0
0
Visit site
I tried with advanced settings and from "other account". I also tried deleting it and soft resetting, then starting over. I played with every possible setting but nothing works. I successfully make the account on the phone, but it doesn't sync mail. It worked in the beginning. The suddenly gave me this error. I read somewhere that Outlook.com can sync with limited number of devices and thought this might be causing the problem, so I deleted outlook from my windows 8 accounts and now I use only the web version and I want to use it on the phone as well. I'm gonna get GDR2 in the next couple of days, I hope it will fix it somehow. If it doesn't I'll have to go back to Gmail.
 

AR2186

New member
Dec 18, 2012
754
0
0
Visit site
Also, how long has this been going on? Is it only over WiFi? Think I sometimes get the same error, but usually resetting my cable modem or going over cellular fixes it. Alternatively, try setting up another outlook.com email address to see if its the account, outlook or the phone. If you want, I'll help you test it (just pm me the details of the new test account, I'll try to set up on my phone)
 

Alexander Kostov

New member
Aug 24, 2013
5
0
0
Visit site
When I created my outlook mail, my microsoft account still used the gmail address and outlook synced on my phone. Then I changed the address on my microsoft account from gmail to the outlook one. After it stopped syncing I thought the change caused the problem and I changed it back to gmail but the problem did not go away. Again after that I tried everything, restarting, soft resetting, deleting and starting over and so on. Going from wifi to 3G didn't fix it also. I will try with a different account as you said.
 

AR2186

New member
Dec 18, 2012
754
0
0
Visit site
Unfortunately that is your problem, once you change the name of the account your phone is linked to, you have to hard reset and log in with the new Microsoft Account name, changing it back to Gmail isn't going to fix it. I had the same thing happen to me, and realized I has to do a hard reset when Xbox Music stopped working.

I'd suggest changing your account name back to outlook, then hard resetting your phone and logging in. You should be good to go at that point.

Unfortunately GDR2 wont change anything for you.

Edit: you might as well kill two birds with one stone by updating your phone to gdr2, then hard resetting it so you start fresh with GDR2
 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
322,551
Messages
2,242,247
Members
427,955
Latest member
gorly3