Outlook syncing error 80C805E2

justin071894

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having this error when syncing from outlook? I have it set to download content from anytime and as it arrives. It hasn't worked since Saturday. I really don't want to have to hard reset my device.

congoose

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the same sync error on one of my two gmail accounts. I hadn't changed any setting, it just stopped working. I deleted the account (on the phone) and added it back. Took a minute and fixed the issue...for now.

Larry Kuhn

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so what can be done to solve this problem when the account having the problem is the main account for the phone? I tried going in an clearing the check box that says to Sync email, saving that, confirming that mail was gone off the phone and then going back and re-checking the box, but it still won't sync.

commops7

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Bump!

I too have been getting this error :cry:over past few weeks, on and off. Error Code: 80C805E2. In my case, it's a Nokia Lumia 920 and the account is my primary @Hotmail.com account for the phone.

Charles Stahl

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I turned off text message backup and it appears to have resolved the issue for me as well. Verizon HTC 8X. Not sure what the text message backup setting actually does?

k00ksta

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I just had this issue with my Lumia 1020 and doing that fixed it .. Have not tried to turn it back on afterwords tho.

Kimberly KimmyMcP

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Outlook syncing error 80C805E2 Same Problem Here and site won't let me edit this message

I'm having the same problem and disabling text backups, unchecking email sync, saving, then checking and saving did nothing.
This is my main account and my twitter and LinkedIn are connected so I am not able to do my job from my phone ��.
I created a new account and that allowed me to see my email but other connected accounts are not working.
This has been happening for over two months now and it sucks!

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
go to settings>email+accounts and check to see if there are any problems

if anything add the account again and set the correct time on your device

restart

it should be fixed

JasonG83

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife's Lumia 920 is getting this error on her primary Hotmail account. I tried disabling the SMS backup and that didn't help (besides which, that is not a solution, as we should not have to disable a feature of the OS just to get the email to work). I am getting pretty fed up with WP8, and Microsoft's painfully slow response to major OS bugs. My WP7.5 device has NEVER had a problem, and now I am worried about having to upgrade.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I've found, if you have any items that are in the trash, spam, deleted, or junk, you may encounter this error. From my experience with my Gmail account, the solution to 80C805E2 was to empty any of the contents of those folders by going to the email program, selecting folders, pressing show all folders, and clearing any items in the aforementioned folders by pulling up the menu and selecting 'empty this folder'. I was then able to successfully sync my Google account afterwards completely and without any further hassle. I hope this helps anyone else out there. This is a clearly a bug that I will be reporting to Microsoft.

st_ark

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, driver_king, this was the solution that solved it for me.
I have a Lumia 920 and my main MS account wasn't syncing. This caused the linked Twitter not to sync either. I have tried a lot of things including turning text message backup on and off, but nothing helped. Then luckily I found your post, following your advice I emptied all the folder that had something in them on my MF account and voil?, now it syncs!

aafolabi

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
None of the solutions mentioned here worked for me. I had to remove the offending mail account (Yahoomail) from the phone completly and re-add it. Everything is working again.
Thanks

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was getting error code 80C805E2 again today when synching to my work Exchange server on my 8x (I think the 3rd time since I got the phone). Only fix was to delete the account entirely and set it up from scratch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb