• Welcome to the all-new Windows Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

PC asking for password on startup when it never has before

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have never set my PC to ask for a password on startup yet yesterday for the first time it asked for one. Today it did it again and I checked the settings but the checkbox for turning on a password is unchecked and I can't find any other way to turn it off. Any help would be appreciated.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
I have never set my PC to ask for a password on startup yet yesterday for the first time it asked for one. Today it did it again and I checked the settings but the checkbox for turning on a password is unchecked and I can't find any other way to turn it off. Any help would be appreciated.

Just wondering...........
Go to settings > Accounts > left side, Sign-in options > right side, under Require sign-in heading, what does the box say ?

If it says "When PC waits up from sleep", click the pointer and select Never.

Ask The Community

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldtrumpjr5