rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
More details, please. Mention your phone,OS, and which browser you used to download the file.

He said windows phone and on windows phone he is using the only browser available which is IE.

I am thinking he is trying to download a file from his phone which isn't possible that I know of.

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Install file manager app on your lumia, such as Files from Microsoft. Open the file manager app, you'll see downloaded pdf in download folder. Copy pdf file tp the document folder pn your phone.
When you connecting your phone to pc, you should find pdf file on your document folder.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Install file manager app on your lumia, such as Files from Microsoft. Open the file manager app, you'll see downloaded pdf in download folder. Copy pdf file tp the document folder pn your phone.
When you connecting your phone to pc, you should find pdf file on your document folder.
The files app is for Windows phone 8.1 only. He uses Windows phone 8, so I also think there is no other option except UC browser(Download the file through UC browser and transport it via Bluetooth to the PC 💻.) and emailing the document to himself.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Download a file manager app like Pocket File Manager. Download the PDF with whatever browser you use. When it asks you what you want to open the PDF with, select your file manager app. Your file manager app will open up and ask you were you want to save it. Select a universally accessible folder, like the documents folder. Plug your phone into your PC. Browse to the folder on your phone using your PC. Copy/print/open/whatever your PDF.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Download a file manager app like Pocket File Manager. Download the PDF with whatever browser you use. When it asks you what you want to open the PDF with, select your file manager app. Your file manager app will open up and ask you were you want to save it. Select a universally accessible folder, like the documents folder. Plug your phone into your PC. Browse to the folder on your phone using your PC. Copy/print/open/whatever your PDF.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
Except when you download a PDF from your email it doesn't ask anything, Jjust downloads

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I think it only asks you what you want to open it with if you have two different apps that can open it. When I tried to open a PDF with only the reader app installed, it went straight to that app and never asked me what to open it in.

Is there any way to make the Files app from Microsoft show up as an option to open the app? I have reader, files, and pocket file manager installed but when I try to open a PDF, there is no option to use files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h