Peggle 2 inbound on monday

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's the same kind of skill/difficulty as Angry Birds. Anyone can pick it up and progress through the levels without too much difficulty. There's a fair amount of skill/luck involved in getting the optional challenges or getting some big scores.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I definitely feel like the skill level goes up with each round, it's very entertaining and a nice change of pace from violent games.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's an arcade game, so you think you can just knock out a couple of levels for some quick fun and then move on to more serious stuff like DR3 or Forza. Then after you finally perfect those levels you realize you just lost an hour and now it's time to go to bed. Between Peggle 2 and Powerstar Golf, I'm woefully far behind on DR3, Forza and FIFA ... you know, the games I bought an X1 for LOL.

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't going to purchase Peggle 2 for the Xbox One (I always felt it was a tablet game and not something I would play on my flat screen), but I went ahead and made the purchase anyway. The game is a ton of fun and looks great in crisp HD! You will shoot through the game quickly, but modes such as multiplayer make it a relaxing game for anytime you need to melt into the couch or bed.

If you are unsure about downloading the game, you can always check out the original Peggle at MSN! :)

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't going to purchase Peggle 2 for the Xbox One (I always felt it was a tablet game and not something I would play on my flat screen), but I went ahead and made the purchase anyway. The game is a ton of fun and looks great in crisp HD! You will shoot through the game quickly, but modes such as multiplayer make it a relaxing game for anytime you need to melt into the couch or bed.

If you are unsure about downloading the game, you can always check out the original Peggle at MSN! :)

Thanks! Playing the free version of the original Peggle was really helpful since the Xbox One version of Peggle 2 doesn't have a demo mode. From the link you provided I could play a 60-minute demo of Peggle. It's pretty fun. There is something strangely addicting about the combination of skill (aiming) and luck (of the bounce), plus the over-the-top colors and encore. Very nice.

By the way, what multiplayer modes are there in Peggle 2? Can my wife and I both sit on the couch together and play against each other?

Last edited:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Can my wife and I both sit on the couch together and play against each other?
Yeah, eventually. PopCap games is adding some free DLC soon to the game to add "Duel Mode" where you can battle it out head-to-head locally or online. I haven't tried out the multiplayer yet in Peggle 2, but if it's anything like the first (Peg Party I think it's called)... it's basically you go and try to get the highest score, most bonuses, etc amongst up to three other players - each on their own separate board of pegs. In the Xbox 360 version of the original Peggle, after you were done shooting, you could see the screens/boards of the other players in your match that still have a ball in play, and see how they are faring. It could get fiercely competitive and, for me, a bit nerve-wracking while I was hoping an opponent's ball would miss that last peg or not fall in the 100k slot :) At the end of every round, there would be a giant score board with a colorful bar chart to compare each player to the next, and update ranking accordingly.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, eventually. PopCap games is adding some free DLC soon to the game to add "Duel Mode" where you can battle it out head-to-head locally or online. I haven't tried out the multiplayer yet in Peggle 2, but if it's anything like the first (Peg Party I think it's called)... it's basically you go and try to get the highest score, most bonuses, etc amongst up to three other players - each on their own separate board of pegs. In the Xbox 360 version of the original Peggle, after you were done shooting, you could see the screens/boards of the other players in your match that still have a ball in play, and see how they are faring. It could get fiercely competitive and, for me, a bit nerve-wracking while I was hoping an opponent's ball would miss that last peg or not fall in the 100k slot :) At the end of every round, there would be a giant score board with a colorful bar chart to compare each player to the next, and update ranking accordingly.

In those multiplayer modes you were describing you mean they were online matches, right? So you couldn't play with some one together on the couch--but this feature is coming soon as free DLC, right? If so, I'll wait till then to pick up the game. If I buy it now and it doesnt' have it, I'm sure my wife will be confused as to why I told her we'd have fun playing the game together only to find out we can't yet play it together.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
In those multiplayer modes you were describing you mean they were online matches, right? So you couldn't play with some one together on the couch--but this feature is coming soon as free DLC, right? If so, I'll wait till then to pick up the game. If I buy it now and it doesnt' have it, I'm sure my wife will be confused as to why I told her we'd have fun playing the game together only to find out we can't yet play it together.
Exactly. The modes I described were online-only, but I believe Duel Mode existed then as well - I just never tried it out. Anyway, IMHO you should get it now... I personally think your wife will have a blast both watching and stealing the controller from you*ahem* convincing you to hand her the controller. The first Peggle went over pretty great with my last girlfriend and she had a blast both watching and playing. Then you could both get some practice in before the Duel Mode DLC comes out :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My pre-order deal comes with a 2nd controller, but outside Killer Instinct I wouldn't really have any use for it whatsoever at the moment :D

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that Peggle 2's available GS has gone up to 1225, and noticed that there is now 3 achievements that weren't there before. 2 of them clearly refer to a new area called Hallelujah Hollows and potentially to a new Peggle master (Violet or smth) and apparently it might be a fairy. Any idea when is this stuff coming actually available and whether it will cost or be a free update?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that Peggle 2's available GS has gone up to 1225, and noticed that there is now 3 achievements that weren't there before. 2 of them clearly refer to a new area called Hallelujah Hollows and potentially to a new Peggle master (Violet or smth) and apparently it might be a fairy. Any idea when is this stuff coming actually available and whether it will cost or be a free update?

Not sure when this came, but now there's a DLC with a new Peggle Master available with new levels

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12