People Hub - hide Facebook game updates?

hoyty

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if there is a way to hide / control facebook game feed updates. I have hidden them in Facebook itself and most are hidden on the people hub but not all. It seems they pop-up for a bit and then disappear so maybe there is an auto block list? Just not sure how it works. Thanks.

Brian Hoyt

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have it set so that only people's status updates show up. No pages or games or anything.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

LineNoise

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine is doing this as well! I don't think one of my cousins does anything but play Facebook games, there's at least 20 that I have to scroll through until I see legitimate posts :-/

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
oooooo.... yeah, that does get kinda annoying at times when the couple of friends who facebook game a LOT bury the postings that I might actually want to see with all of their game updates. not a deal breaker by any means but still, it would be nice to be able to filter those out like I can on the actual facebook site.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I just went to my friends timeline, clicked on an app, blocked it and then went to her contact card in the phone. No apps showing up

spokanedj

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Facebook is kind of retarded, in that they give you a blanket "block all apps from my friends" option, but Windows Phone/Microsoft Live is one of those apps and you'll effectively prevent your phone from accessing facebook.

So, you have to individually block apps. What makes it retarded, is that to block an app, you have to approve the app first. Then you can block it. Then Remove it. This can ONLY be done with the web interface, not from your phone. If you go through the effort of blocking an app, it WILL NOT show up in your whats new on your phone anymore. It also must be the feeling a dog has when chasing his own tail.

I'm playing around with the idea of reporting all Apps as spam, to see if it will effectively block the app. Just don't want to inadverntently block a user that is a app-aholic.

martin_strahilovski

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
So, you have to individually block apps. What makes it retarded, is that to block an app, you have to approve the app first. Then you can block it. Then Remove it. This can ONLY be done with the web interface, not from your phone.
Well this is kind of dumb from MS. If you do the above process, you will end up spending hours and hours blocking apps...

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Well this is kind of dumb from MS. If you do the above process, you will end up spending hours and hours blocking apps...

I always just block apps as they show up in my feed. You don't need to block all of them at once, not like you'll ever know what people are going to spam you with anyway.

joe.m

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
hiding facebook game updates

I've managed to do this for one app so far.

Click on the post in People and the web browser will open up on the app page.

click goto the app and the option to block is available.

When I tried it on the next app the pace on facebook looked dfferent and so didn't appear to have the block.

Alternatively I if you hide the app previously on your facebook wall.

Then search for the app in facebook and the block option is available.

(be nice it you could block them all in the first place.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs