Phantom touch/screen sensitivity problems?

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering...since the 640XL is the 2nd biggest Windows Phone device, has anybody had phantom touch or screen sensitivity issues?

I used to have a 1520 and that thing gave me tons of problems when it came to the screen's touch sensitivity. So naturally, I'm a bit skeptical about owning a larger screened device, yet I REALLY am interested in owning one.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My 640 XL has no screen sensitivity issues like those found on the 1520. If anything, it can be a little bit less sensitive than I like at times.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It's better than 1520 for sure. I have issues like tap-hold will interpreted as tap-release on my 1520 while 640XL is just fine.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering...since the 640XL is the 2nd biggest Windows Phone device, has anybody had phantom touch or screen sensitivity issues?

I used to have a 1520 and that thing gave me tons of problems when it came to the screen's touch sensitivity. So naturally, I'm a bit skeptical about owning a larger screened device, yet I REALLY am interested in owning one.

Thank you for this question and responses! I am in exactly the same situation. Love the 1520 except for the screen problems caused by the flexing of the phone - it's gotten worse lately.

Frank

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this question and responses! I am in exactly the same situation. Love the 1520 except for the screen problems caused by the flexing of the phone - it's gotten worse lately.

Frank

I ordered me a 640XL. It's supposed to come today. I'm actually sitting outside waiting for it! 😋 Once I get my hands on it and get some time messing around with it, I'll let you know if I notice any annoyances with the touch screen.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I ordered me a 640XL. It's supposed to come today. I'm actually sitting outside waiting for it! 😋 Once I get my hands on it and get some time messing around with it, I'll let you know if I notice any annoyances with the touch screen.
How is it?

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
How is it?

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

I have good news to report 😁

I received my XL today at about 3pm. It is now 11:21pm and I've been installing apps, setting things up the way I like them, and so far everything's been perfect. The touch screen works perfectly, the size of the display is perfect and actually looks surprisingly nice. I can't make out individual pixels using the phone normally. The power and volume buttons are nice and clicky (not mushy like the 830/930).

I thought I was going to get the Matte White color but I got sent the Glossy White. I was disappointed when I found out but upon taking it out of the plastic, the phone looks exceptionally attractive and isn't slippery (yet). It actually grips to your hand.

My only gripe is that the speaker volume is VERY low. I usually keep my volume set to 5 for Ringer+notifications and 15 for Media+apps, but on this phone I had to crank it up some more. Minor annoyance but ultimately doesn't affect my overall satisfaction with the device. Any other questions you guys/girls may have?

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe is that the speaker volume is VERY low. I usually keep my volume set to 5 for Ringer+notifications and 15 for Media+apps, but on this phone I had to crank it up some more. Minor annoyance but ultimately doesn't affect my overall satisfaction with the device. Any other questions you guys/girls may have?

Yes, the speaker is very soft as compared even to the old 1020. I need to set 9/10 for the ringer and 26/30 for the media volume. Otherwise, it will be quite a perfect phone.

cooolaashu

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am in a big fix deciding between two phones - lumia 735 and lumia 640 xl. The breaking point is camera only. Is the camera in lumia 640xl better than that in lumia 735 ? I've heard that sensor for lumia 735 is much better than lumia 640xl. Is it so ?
Otherwise i think lumia 640xl is best .. only point holding me back is camera quality.

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am in a big fix deciding between two phones - lumia 735 and lumia 640 xl. The breaking point is camera only. Is the camera in lumia 640xl better than that in lumia 735 ? I've heard that sensor for lumia 735 is much better than lumia 640xl. Is it so ?
Otherwise i think lumia 640xl is best .. only point holding me back is camera quality.

I can't vouch for the 735 as I have never used that phone before, but just looking at the specs, specifically for the camera, the 735 has a 6.7 megapixel camera while the 640XL has a 13 megapixel. That's a pretty big jump and I've seen nothing but great reviews for the XL's camera quality. They both have 5 megapixel front facing cameras too. I say go for the XL.

jantveg85

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed the touch issues. It doesn't have super sensitive touch though. That may be why it doesn't have the issue lol

True. I picked one up a couple weeks ago and haven't had any issues. Loving the XL.

The only thing is that my bank's app, Wells Fargo, gives me an error when I tried signing in. Tried the same app on a 930 and it worked perfectly. I'm guessing it needs to be optimized for GDR2?

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
640 XL imo trumps the 1520 in a few areas. Perfect size, great cameras, round edges compared to 1520's squarish build, and very easy to hold in hand even for smaller hands. Has a nice weight to it.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

WxGuesser

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
YES! The screen sensitivity of the 640XL sucks, and for some reason Microsoft removed the Touch feature to change the sensitivity; it does NOT exist on the 640XL. Why would they do that? Explains why its a cheap phone!

Cim04

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
So far my touch problems would be the clicking the Images tab on Google Search (I dunno why) specific.

Clicking on FB Messenger (Located at the upper right of the screen) from the FB app sometimes is hard.

Also sometimes, the touch on Age of Empires seems to be buggy. I have to display the Navigation bar while touching the screen.

Come to think of it, I think it's more like an app touch problem o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb