Solved: Problem with touch sensitivity on SP4

Computernos

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
After having my Surface Pro 4 i5 128G for just a month, I have found a problem with touch sensitivity.
Every time the device is not being charged and I'm not touching it's body - the screen sensor responds really bad to my finger touch. It takes me 3-5 times to do a right/left swipe or close the explorer window, one time it took me 15 taps to close the screen keyboard.

But if I just barely touch the Surface metal body with my hand or connect it to the charger - the problem disappears right away!

I really like my Surface Pro 4, but this problem.. Could it be just a software issue and not hardware?

What do you think, should I wait a bit for maybe driver updates, or should I try reinstalling Win10? By the way, I have a tempered-glass screen protector on, don't think so, but could it be causing this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Elbow Smackers

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Problem with touch sensitivity on SP4, how can I fix it?

Me too! MAN IT'S REALLY ANNOYING!!! I have the ZAGG Invisible Shield tempered glass on my Surface pro 4 and it's having problems recognizing my touch (depending) on my angle. I think it's the tempred glass. I had the tempered glass on my Lumia 950 and it didn't recognize my touch, but as soon as I took the glass off and used a plastic screen protector, it worked just fine.

Computernos

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

So today after it took me 10 taps to close the explorer window, in a fury I took the damn glass off hehe and guess what? The touch sensitivity is now perfect!

Also want to mention, that when I took it off, the glass itself was VERY electrified. I've never seen such a thing..

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

They make the glass amazingly thin 0.4mm GG 4 and you guys slap tempered glass on that is super thick. Take it off it works... amazing.

IF people would use the device as created..all would be good. Not sure why some people have to always change things.

Gareee

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if you are experiencing the same issue I ran into... electrical interference from a nearby device? Touching the metal case might resolve that. I had a plasma lamp that killed touchscreen response completely after a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria