Phone couldn't connect to Band

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Using the Band for Day 2 and am finding that my Lumia 930 will not connect to the Band. It is shown as a paired device, but tapping it to re-connect results in a "couldn't connect" message.

Oddly, the Microsoft Health app successfully synced, but when I tried to Manage Tiles I ran into this connection problem.

raydwatts

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I know it's a cliche, but have you tried turning them off and on again? I have the same phone with my band and it will occasionally not connect, usually with the clear my band app.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I had tried turning the Band off. But that didn't work. Then saw some advice, to unregister the Band, unpair it, and then do a factory reset - which I did. But that didn't work either - could even get my phone Bluetooth to detect my Band. So finally I powered the phone off and back on. That did the trick.

pallentx

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Instead of resetting the Band, try rebooting your phone. I've had Bluetooth act weird before with my Treasure Tag, reboot the phone and it connects right up.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've made it a habit to turn the bt off and back on every morning on my 1520. Before I started that ritual, my band was disconnecting a couple of times a day. Annoying to be honest, but I don't know of another solution. I'm sure it's the band, as my Nokia charger stays connected.

davidewart

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure it's the band, as my Nokia charger stays connected.
That's my experience as well - that BT has been fine until I started using the Band.
(And yesterday I found that somehow BT had been turned off on my phone. I hadn't done that. So now I'm suspecting the Band as the source all BT connection issues.) :wink:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa