Phone shut downs suddenly, has this happened to anyone else?

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Phone shut downs suddenly

Hello,

Long-time Lumia 1520 user here since December 2013. I received the OTA Windows 10 Mobile update last Monday and also reset my phone to factory settings to instinctively remove errors occurring due to the update. After that, I didn't experience any more problems except for two:

1.) The phone recognizes charging with my power bank as 'slow charging' even though I use the port that outputs 2 A. I haven't experienced this before when my phone was still on WP 8.1

2.) I noticed that the phone shut down on these occasions:

-using GPS
-playing Doodle God Blitz for a long period of time
-using mobile data with screen on
-continuous capturing of high-res DNG photos

Did anyone of you encountered the same problems and found a solution?

If it helps you, I also want you to note that I am careful with using my phone with regards to battery life. I only play light games such as Doodle Jump DC and each gaming session doesn't even go up to five minutes. I don't use my phone while charging it except for a few times when I use my phone as a mobile hotspot.

It saddens me to experience this problems because I really liked using my phone as my daily driver. I can compare the usage with an Android phone since I got one as a secondary/back-up phone but I don't really see myself using an Android phone as a primary phone. The Windows 10 Mobile update also brought a renewed enthusiasm and hope for Microsoft's mobile platform, and I certainly would want another 1520 (given my prolonged delight and ease in using it) or 950 XL but I have no $$$ to do so...

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone shut downs suddenly

I haven't tried using that app but will do when I get home tomorrow afternoon. And yes, these problems occur even when WiFi is off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra