Photos app

Appendix125

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow... I am severely disappointed in the basic lack of daily functionality that was lost in coming to 10 from 8.1

1. How do I add or create my own albums?
2. How do I get to see my OneDrive picture folders?
3. If I open a pic, how do I go 'back'? I literally can't figure it out and have to close the app, and reopen, to get to 'gallery' type view.
4. Are there alternative photo apps? I don't care about editing... I want ease of viewing, organizing, sharing. Ease of showing camera, OneDrive, etc photos together.
5. Can I download and install 8.1 photo app into 10? 8.1 wasn't flawless, but it is superior.

I just cannot stand how all my photos dump into a 'collection' view of basically ALL photos, with no way to get into organization. Let me look by month only? are you ******* kidding me? I don't remember when I downloaded certain pics, but I know what folder they'd be in. Garr!!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
... you can use File Explorer to view your OneDrive folder, including all your other documents and photos in it. You can view, organize them as well using File Explorer, but sharing can be done within the Photos app after clicking on any of the photos from File Explorer.
... to go back to gallery view, click or tap on the arrow pointing to the left at the topmost and leftmost corner of the screen while you're viewing a photo in full screen (or enlarged view).
...you can sort your photos in File Explorer, by date, size, name, etc.

Appendix125

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
In tablet mode, the top bar disappears and the back button becomes unavailable. Design flaw.

Most of my photos are on OneDrive, as they come off my phone which syncs over to it. File explorer doesn't work. Windows 10 broke OneDrive -- it won't allow online files. Either it syncs all my files to my computer hard drive, or they just aren't available. My OneDrive is +500gb, and my total hard drive space is 120gb solid state. Only way to view OneDrive is to map it as a network drive, but this is SLOW --- or to open the browser and go to the OneDrive website.

The photo app should be usable for organizing or quickly finding photos -- disappointed in it.

Overall... I feel like Windows 10 has removed some basic functionality and ease of use that 8.1 had. And yet I don't really see much upside to justify it. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimFromIL