Pinstack heyday reminds me of what Wpcentral is becoming!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I remember back in 2006 I was having an problem with my 7105t Blackberry. It had a java error and I googled the error. (I don't think bing was around back then). One of the top search results for the error was on Pinstack.com; Pinstack opened the world of geekiness to me. I found about about BGR (when it was mostly pro-blackberry), engadget and other sites. I was hooked.

I find a lot of similarities between the 2006 Pin stack and the 2013 WpCentral forum community, mostly the helpfulness of the Ambassadors and Moderators.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed lately when I do a search to try to find an answer for someone. That not only does the thread I'm looking for show up, but several others from WPC come up as well. I found this place looking for information on when WP8 was coming out. Discovered the forums and have been hanging around ever since.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I actually never used any smartphone forums until I got a BlackBerry. I had Nokia Symbian devices previously, but I wasn't a member of any forums devoted to that platform. When I told a friend I got a BlackBerry, he told me about CrackBerry. I was really active there and still participate in the off-topic threads.

I lurked and posted a few times on Android Central when I thought I might get an Android (during the 11 months I was eligible for upgrade and spent being sick of waiting for RIM to release BB10 and wanting to switch to something else).

Then I came here when I knew that Windows Phone was what I was getting.

I really like how Mobile Nations has all the forums together, since I know people from the other sites, and it's nice to be able to have a "one stop shop" for everything related to smartphones.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed lately when I do a search to try to find an answer for someone. That not only does the thread I'm looking for show up, but several others from WPC come up as well. I found this place looking for information on when WP8 was coming out. Discovered the forums and have been hanging around ever since.

Wow. Me too. Lol

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I remember when crackberry first came out, I never thought it would be successful because of all the activity on Pinstack. Boy was I wrong. @laura I see you are also at pinstack :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I started over on aximsite.com when I first got my Dell Axim x51v which then became mobility site before it died out. Then when I got my HTC Touch Pro in 2009 I started frequenting ppcgeeks more until when I got my WP I had to start coming here because ppcgeeks wasn't giving WP as much love as they once was giving WM. Sadly ppcg is now going the way of mobility site. Most certainly hope that doesn't happen here.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
come to think of it who here was a former pinstack member ?...or rather how many members here are former pinstack members ?...many...few ?

also what was your pinstack username ?

Last edited:

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I actually never used any smartphone forums until I got a BlackBerry. I had Nokia Symbian devices previously, but I wasn't a member of any forums devoted to that platform. When I told a friend I got a BlackBerry, he told me about CrackBerry. I was really active there and still participate in the off-topic threads.

I lurked and posted a few times on Android Central when I thought I might get an Android (during the 11 months I was eligible for upgrade and spent being sick of waiting for RIM to release BB10 and wanting to switch to something else).

Then I came here when I knew that Windows Phone was what I was getting.

I really like how Mobile Nations has all the forums together, since I know people from the other sites, and it's nice to be able to have a "one stop shop" for everything related to smartphones.

yep...without compromising on any of the forums buy mixing them. ie Android with bb etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo