What is MS' UK Lumia warranty service like, satisfaction-wise?

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
As you may know, I recently purchased a BRAND NEW 640 XL which turned out to have a feint 5mm(ish) wide vertical, transparent stripe on the left side of the display. It is becoming increasingly annoying to me that I have this device BRAND NEW with this issue. Now, were this Apple I was dealing with, my calm and peace of mind would be guaranteed (I have had multiple, multiple support cases with them over many years and they have yet to disappoint me), but... I somehow lack faith or confidence in the competence of Microsoft to be able to receive in my BRAND NEW 640 XL, see the display fault, and ship me a replacement (I am in England UK) - is this doubt misplaced? I once had an issue with a Nokia MD-12 BT speaker and the Nokia "Care" (HAH!) and the Lumia "support" via Twitter were dismissive and abrupt to the point of insulting my intelligence multiple times, and outright refused to help me without me shipping them a speaker worth the grand total of fifteen quid! - suffice it to say that this shocking lack of helpfulness or grasping what my problem was, left me with a VERY sour taste of Nokia/Microsoft, and everything with them seems to err on the side of making our pain WORSE, not better - am I missing something here?

Okay, enough waffle ("too late" you say! :grin: )

Bottom line -----> ================================

~ Are they going to "repair" a one WEEK old Lumia, or send me a brand spanking new one?

~ Are they going to screw it all up, and are they going to even get the colour of the replacement right, VERY important to me (cyan)?

I just need some reassurance, the likes of which is eroded slowly in the same manner as bashing waves slowly, gradually erode and undercut a cliff on the edge of the beach where you live... and then BOOM - suddenly your whole house collapses into the sea! (I am confident you sympathise with my analogy, hah!)

PS: Their support site where I went to log the fault and request service, has crashed/had numerous errors all in the space of ten mins, as I attempted to send this device in, online - kinda what I mean about a lack of confidence... SHEESH!!

Thanks folks :)

PPS: Here's the vague, unhelpful error message I get (on Edge AND Chrome) whilst attempting to arrange warranty replc't online... >_<
cn4wifci32.PNG

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I must have been lucky with my Microsoft purchases, but the one time we had a problem was with my wife's old and retired Surface 2, it died after about six months, got onto MS and they shipped a new one out with a returns bag for the old one, painless.

Would love to see a Microsoft Store though.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I must have been lucky with my Microsoft purchases, but the one time we had a problem was with my wife's old and retired Surface 2, it died after about six months, got onto MS and they shipped a new one out with a returns bag for the old one, painless.

Would love to see a Microsoft Store though.

Are you in the UK?

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn't have answered if I wasn't :smile:

Maybe you wouldn't, but stranger things have happened online - people don't always understand logic as we do, and some folk want to have a say for the sake of having a say and being listened to, but thank you - that is some reassurance to me.

Did they advance you the replacement and earmark the amount on your c/card, and ask you to ship back the faulty unit?

Thank you my friend :smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes they did the credit card bit, sent the new one and I just sent to old one back, was easier and as trouble free as it could have been, and for that they have a good customer, bought a couple more phones (Just ordered a new one for my wife yesterday) and various other bits and bobs off of them along with my improved willingness to spend money on services like Office, Groove music pass etc.

I really would still love to have a Microsoft shop though, although I could easily spend more money that way.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
RESULT!

Had a very reassuring conversation, yesterday, with the top level manager of the Anovo location where UK handsets get sent (got sent? Apparently MS are transitioniong to iQor in Hungary for repairs/swaps) who said "you may deal with me directly now, forget calling Microsoft, I'll help you" - yes, the actual PHYSICAL location where UPS ship your phone to in order to have it processed. Now THAT is a comfort to me after having battles with Microsoft's unhelpful "support" staff for over a week now.

Oh, and he wants to deal with me over the phone, NOT via email - that sounds much better :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124