Plainly I don't understand OneDrive

DeepThought43

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Plainly I don't understand how OneDrive is supposed to work. I installed it, and dragged a directory into it - say c:MyStuff\Data and it magically appeared on the web page with its files. Slick. However...

As I poke around it looks like it also copied all that date down into it's own subdirectory Users\MyID\OneDrive\Data. So now it's chewing up twice the GBs on my disk.

And when I install OneDrive on a "B" machine, it slickly downloads data from the web - and buries it down in the User subdir where it's of absolutely no use to me but it chews up GBs. And the files never do show up in the proper usable place in my directory tree.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
As I understood it, that is the way OneDrive works. At least, that is the same way it did for me. When I noticed the duplicates, I stopped using OneDrive. Since I have an Android phone and use Google Drive anyway, I didn't see the point of having a second cloud backup.

DeepThought43

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
I resolved this. Turns out one needs to unlink OneDrive from the subdirectory it defaults to using, and recreate it linked to the subdirectory you actually want to be used. Then it only stores one copy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium