Please Post your Lumia 820 Reviews here

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought it would be a great idea to create a combined thread for reviews of the Nokia Lumia 820 both text and video based reviews.

Please feel free to share your experience.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I set one up for my mom, and it is an extremely nice phone. Good size, she's loving the screen compared to the HTC Surround she had previously. Will update further.

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Here are my findings so far

Hard to hear when on a call
Speakerphone is terrible
Very slippery need case to grip
Battery is loose
Windows 8 is awesome
Lighting fast device
Beautiful screen
Battery life great so far
Camera is very nice except indoor low light

I spoke to Nokia today they said battery should not be loose so they suggested I return for a new device. I will look at another on but if battery issue is still there then I might go with the 920

Sydenham

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had my (white) 820 for 4 days now. I really like it. The look and feel of Win8 is cool and is so far customisable enough for me. The hardware is excellent quality and I like the idea of being able to change the back, should I need to.

But...

I'm having a nightmare getting the PDF Reader, to read a pdf! It reconstructs the pdf from scratch when zooming in, or moving around in it, and it takes bloody ages to do it. The file is a 300k train map from tfl. Anyone else experiencing PDF issues?

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my (white) 820 for 4 days now. I really like it. The look and feel of Win8 is cool and is so far customisable enough for me. The hardware is excellent quality and I like the idea of being able to change the back, should I need to.

But...

I'm having a nightmare getting the PDF Reader, to read a pdf! It reconstructs the pdf from scratch when zooming in, or moving around in it, and it takes bloody ages to do it. The file is a 300k train map from tfl. Anyone else experiencing PDF issues?

I have the same issue on my 822 must be issue with adobe's app!

haggishunter81

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my 820 on thursday, my girlfriend got hers at start of week, on looking at hers it looked like a nice bit of kit, couldn't get it out of her hands for more than 5 minutes for a proper look (good sign...). After spending thursday and Friday night setting it up etc all i can say is that I'm disappointed. First of all, its really starting to annoy me that these manufacturers are advertising their phones with say 8gb of storage when it actually has just over 6 due to the os etc. I know they all do it but to bring out a phone like this with that little memory is surprising. I loaded all of the things I used on my wp7 handset, then had to get rid of some as i was down to less than 1gb and didn't want to use all the memory straight away. Not a good start, the game i play the most (full house poker) isnt available yet, there is no proper adobe pdf reader yet, something i use everyday and the other ones are poor. txting on this phone is also poor, the keyboard seems smaller as is the space bar, i keep hitting the wrong buttons etc, i could walk while i txt on my old phone, on this i need to stop, txt then start walking again, it seems that if it's turned horizontally it makes no difference either. The alarm isn't that loud either. I also like a very regular ring tone, and the ' nostalgia ' tone is the closest, its very harsh and just not that pleasant, so its left on silent. If this sounds like I'm being petty then maybe i am, i got my htc hd7 the day wp7 launched, have had it since, when i opened the box the phone looked great, as does the 820, however on setting up my hd7 i was finding out about all this cool stuff it could do, with the 820 though it's been like, oh i can't do this and i need to delete that, i wish it could that, my hd7 did that.... There are many more 'little' things that have irritated me about this phone since i set it up and as i said at the start, its been a very disappointing experience, so much so that after I've showed the phone to someone later today who wants to see it, I'm resetting it, packing it back in the box and sending it back. My hd7 is over 2 years old, the charging port is damaged, dont always get txts/calls, its basically dying :crying: but i love it. Don't get me wrong, my girlfriend loves her new lumia 820, and i like the wireless charging, that is brilliant, i damaged the charging port on my old phone as i pushed the snooze button, placed it next to my pillow, it fell off the bed and landed on the bottom at an angle damaging phone and charger so yeah wireless charging = awesome. For most folk this phone will be an absolutely perfect handset, but not one for me, which im really sad about. Apologies for poor punctuation/spelling/grammar, was trying to write in a hurry.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving the Phone so far, for the first time in years I've been able to use my phone for conference calls and the call quality is clear, doesn't cut out or end the call. Some of the apps still need to be made available for WP8 which is a minor annoyance for me and as mentioned above the Space Bar seems smaller.
The Phone is grippy enough for me and it's only when I'm in a dry environment that I think it's too slippery, the Nokia exclusive apps are awesome especially when I'm travelling around London (transit, maps etc).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786