Podcast App - Bringcast no longer available

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to find a decent podcast app in the store, one that will let me download over cellular and easily find, subscribe and update feeds. I looked through the forum and a godo many people suggested Bringcast. I went to the store to look at it and it says no longer available.

Does anyone know what happened and does anyone have any recommendations for another app at this point?

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Podcast Lounge is highly rated. I personally can't use it because it has this weird space-filling bug on my Phone.

At the moment i use Podcast Picker, which has some nice features.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Podcast Lounge is highly rated. I personally can't use it because it has this weird space-filling bug on my Phone.

At the moment i use Podcast Picker, which has some nice features.

Thanks for the recommendations you two. Do both of these choices allow for cellular download?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've tested a lot of them and have stuck with Podcast Lounge. Yes, it supports cellular downloads (but keep in mind the Windows Phone OS has a size limit for mobile downloads). Podcast Lounge also has a beta feature that allows background downloads (over WiFi, when plugged in) which is nice for overnight.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes Podcast Picker does allow Cellular Downloads. The other two mentioned, Podcast Lounge, and Podcatcher are both very good also.

Give them all a Trial run i guess.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've used both Podcatcher and Podcast Lounge, as well as the Xbox Music podcast support built-in. Currently I'm using Podcast Lounge, though I don't know that I recommend either one over the other. They're both good. I'd suggest trying both. Myself, I bought the full versions of both, to make sure I was comparing the full experience. I've gone back and forth several times, and I will probably do so again, too.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded BringCast tonight. I haven't had time to set it up yet to try it out, but I'm disappointed that I can't import from gPodder. That would have made setting up a piece of cake.

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I was using iPodcast, which was great for my needs, until a recent update broke it :(

Just installed Podcast Lounge, look pretty good so far, will continue using it

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed BringCast last night, and this am I added most of my podcasts. So far I like what I see, with exception of not being able to import with gPodder. I'll have to play with it some more before I decide if I like it better than Podcast Lounge, though.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded bringcast to trial it out and maybe I am an *****. I added a podcast via rss address and it shows me the episodes, but how do I download it to listen to it?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You're not an *****. It's not the most intuitive. I'm still figuring it out myself, but so far I think once I figure it all out, it'll be good.

when looking at the episodes, look at the lower right of each item on the list, and see the click for more info or something like that. Tap it. Then a download link will appear.

Then I think after that, when new episodes appear, depending on settings, they'll download automatically. Weird think is that when you download things, they don't automatically add to the playlist, and you have to manually add them to the playlist to play them.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Pod Catcher for sometime now, and its OK, but nothing special in my view. I doesn't always work properly, and the interface is not exactly user friendly. My wife particularly dislikes it, so I am now taking a look at Podcast Lounge as a replacement.

Thanks for the info in this thread.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am not trying to bump my thread, but I purchased Podcast Lounge and was disappointed. I was under the impression that some of these programs worked around the cellular download limit imposed by Windows Phone (20 mb). After the purchase, I tried to download a 26 mb audio file and it failed, saying I needed Wifi. I understand not everyone is on an unlimited plan, but there needs to be some greater flexibility. If apps and other purchases can download over cellular that are close to 100 mb, why are podcast the exception?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster