[poll] Lumia 920 customer satisfaction

Tup3x

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I love the user experience, smoothness, productivity and video recording. Extremely disappointed about photo quality though. Easily the worst camera out of my three smartphones. I think it's defective but it seems to be hard to get it fixed...

Add notification bar similar in functionality to android, better multitasking that works similar to android and file manager, and it would be pretty much perfect. Well, browser could use text reflow and some other features (back/forward buttons without the need to redownload the page every time).

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Bought my Lumia 920 6 months after the official launch. To me what make this phone a real winner is the incredible camera and the outstanding design and build quality, really love to use the phone with my Urbanears headphones also, the sound is amazing! To really enjoy WP8, you have to buy all the extra stuff like the games, Xbox Music and some quality third party apps. This is what makes it worth the money because honestly I thought several times about selling this phone and going android. Nokia did a great job with all their apps and this really adds to my overall satisfaction. I will definitely buy their next flagship device!

averdadesalvara

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia 920 and Samsung Ativ S.

I buy the Nokia 920 because the camera quality (at least that's what the propaganda said). After some days I started to hate the weight and size (thickness) of Nokia.
I shot many photos and many times they come out blurry. In my Ativ S this not happen.

The only thing I really liked in Nokia 920 is night pictures.

Samsung Ativ S have a nice camera, better battery, weight and size.

now_done

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: will be back to BB too

Ha ha ha ..... If you troll would be in real world..
Androids sucks all over, iOS uncool ...and for WP don't even ask ("the biggest b...s... ever seen or worked with.."). Teens answer in Europe ... and not only look for billions of stupid apps nobody needs. I gave it a try ... And paid a lot for it! Again be my guest with WP and N920. Admit that everyone has different profile but for me as business user its the worst I ever had! To give you a hint I'm back at BB and my kids love their new BBZ10...being different and ahead of crowd and boulevard... Ce la vie
PS: nobody wanted to purchase that crapy device...

Lucas Bursoni

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I had a really sad story with my Lumia, but i'll try one more time because i know the phone is good.
I bought it in Canada e brought it to Brazil, them the "nightmare" started...

1- Bluetooth doesn't sync with my car or home stereo
2- Signal is horrible, everybody is using their phones but i never get signal
3- It starts vibrating and will only stop if i press the microsoft buttom in the homescreen
4- Livetiles don't update at all, never, lately facebook beta started updating. Whatapps updates whenever it wants
5-I couldn't make some calls, it would go straight to voicemail but not before the phone turn the speaker on by itself, btw, i would only go straight to voicemail in my phone, my friends could make it.
6-Lockscreen notification? What's that? Never seen
7- Had to soft reset it a lot lately
8- Tried to solve all of that by doing a hard reset, well, i'm seeing gears turning for some days now, tried everything and no result
9- Overheats a lot

So now i'm sending my phone to Canada and i'll have to use my VERY old android for at least a month.

In Limbo

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
So here's my experience: I got my Lumia 920 on launch day. Between then and now, I've been through eight replacements. Despite all of this, I love this phone more than any other phone that I have ever owned. Fifty percent of the reason is because Nokia Care was amazing. They didn't make things difficult and they worked with me to get a "perfect" phone. For those who are ready to bash me, I apologize for being frank, but there were clearly quality control issues with this phone in the beginning. Whatever the case, Nokia got it sorted out because my phone is flawless now. :)

Richard Tao

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
personally, I m very satisfied with this phone, battery is decent after 2 or 3 weeks use, design is very beautiful, I just don't understand why so many people prefer Samsung than this phone. I just hope Microsoft could speedup a little up to polishes the OS, and figure out a way to attract enough attention from the App development community: don't get me wrong, I have no or little complaints about the quantity, but the quality of app comparing with their counterparts in android ir IOS .

Tup3x

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I love the user experience, smoothness, productivity and video recording. Extremely disappointed about photo quality though. Easily the worst camera out of my three smartphones. I think it's defective but it seems to be hard to get it fixed...

Add notification bar similar in functionality to android, better multitasking that works similar to android and file manager, and it would be pretty much perfect. Well, browser could use text reflow and some other features (back/forward buttons without the need to redownload the page every time).
My phone had faulty camera and it has been replaced now and the difference is like night and day. Forget what I said about the camera before.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
How can someone claim to be satisfied with a device they've had replaced 3 or 4 times in less than nine months? That's just blind homerism!! I wish people would stop comparing the 920 to the iPhone, the iPhone functions, you can't even reset your 920 without sending it to Nokia because of the wheels of death. Say what you want about the iPhone, but it works. The fact that Nokia/ WP promotes live tiles as their main selling point is disgraceful when you consider the live tile/ lock screen function is the most unreliable feature on the phone.

hugo_hernand

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I strongly believe that this is the best smartphone so far.
It has everything you need: entertainment, cool apps available for free, high-definition camera, awesome design and it is actually, a very resistant phone.
If you?re an office person, then you won?t miss anything new synchronizing your phone with your Outlook account, getting reminders and new emails at a high speed internet connection. Say goodbye to the freeze screen, since the snapdragon processor together with Windows 8, makes the perfect combination. Office available, with all the PC features. All documents are readable and editable.
I can highly recommend this phone You won?t be dissapointed. :D

hugo_hernand

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Everything sounds like it's a wrls carrier?s problem. I have never had issues like yours with my Lumia 920. My livetiles are up to date every single minute; no overheating; no dropped calls and of course, no signal problems. Anyway...hope you get those isues resolved, 'cause trust me: This is a great phone! Best camera ever, even better than several professional cameras. The offline maps feature, it's outstanding and the maps are up to date. I'm completely happy and sure that you will be, too. Best of luck!

Carlos Garcia Lira

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Awsome! the best smartphone I have, (I have used every OS), loving the way that everything can be shared, the connection with my xbox 360, the achievements and the NFC is basic for me. WP and Nokia, you are doing it right!

Patrick Drews

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The 920 is probably my worst smart phone ever. Have the white 920 on At&t. In 8 months I'm on my 4 replacement, and was ready for my 5th yesterday after it bricked...AGAIN. But, after waiting for several hours, and then while talking with warranty replacement on the phone, I tried one last hard boot, and it came up.

Bluetooth only connects to my vehicles if I turn the car on, then reboot phone. People can never hear me (all 4 replacements were the same, so it's not a fluke). My guess is most people rarely use the phone for actual phone - I rarely do as well, but when I do, the person on the other end just rips on me and my Windows Phone on how crappy the quality is. I used iOS for years, and never really liked being an Apple user, but was a jailbreaker, and then it fit my needs and was a very critical tool. I bought and iPhone 5 a week before the 920's came out, then sold it and got the Lumia right away. Biggest mistake I ever made. It's a solid piece of hardware, and has a camera that only the new 1020 can beat. Windows Phone 8 is really poor and years behind.

I wish Microsoft would just scrap the platform, and buy into iOS and get all their apps and integration on iOS or Android. Most anyone I know that went from iOS to Windows Phone 8, have gone back eventually. It seems just the Android users and previous Windows 7.x users have joined to WP8 forces, and have really loved the new Lumia's and HTC phones. Which tells you how bad WP7 has been, and Android (never used Android, so I can't criticize very much). I used to be a big Windows Mobile 3.1 person back in the day as well before going to iOS. It was the hardest thing for me to do. As an IT Pro, I need constant mobile communication and it needs to be efficient and easy and reliable. Unless I reset the phone every month or so, the battery life eventually crushes the phone in 5-6 hours with no use at all. After a reset and all the same apps and settings installed? Anywhere from 16-24 hours life, and usually reports 1+ days remaining. Windows Phone 8 can't do it, and is light years behind iOS. I have a couple weeks before I have a family plan line eligible for upgrade, and will be heading back to iOS, and doubt I will ever hold a Windows Phone again.

I really think it's impossible to get 4 devices of all the same spec in 8 months time, and attribute it to just bad luck. No one has that kind of luck, bad or good. I want to love it and want it to be a good phone, but I'm just making too many sacrifices and not being able to have a functional device that I can trust, day in and day out.

Nokia has alway been a favorite of mine, and between them and Motorola, always had the best hardware, it's jut too bad Microsoft has brought Nokia to it's knees.

Jonathan Piferrer

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I changed to L920 after having for one month L720...

Its a great improve for L720, camera and screen are GREAT, overall very satisfied, my only complains are: 1) battery life could be better 2) heavy

Regards!

b c2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Nokia 920 completely crashed and stopped working, all three buttons on the side of the phone just became unresponsive and stopped working. I have received no help at all in order to fix the phone and it has been incredibly frustrating with my wedding approaching in a little over a week. Needless to say it is not easy to speak good things about the windows phone right now (nokia 920) and being in seattle you would think that would be easy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h