Poor Video Streaming from OneDrive

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have issues when trying to stream a video from your onedrive?
That's a general statement that many will pick apart about internet connection quality, but I have tried multiple things and have had a poor experience on all means of access.

I have Comcast 100/15 blast at home. And 99% of the time my speed tests are over 95mb down. I also have 50-10 business class at my office and full LTE Verizon strength. No matter the connection, the video buffering is horrible when trying to play from the windows phone app, the windows store app (Surface Pro 3), and both my office and home PCs running 8.1 - via desktop IE browser access (Onedrive.com)

Video plays for 3-5 seconds then stops for 10-20 seconds. Repeat. And these videos I'm talking about are those shot on my Lumia.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have found Onedrive to be horrible for streaming. Whether I?m home and trying to stream from my computer, phone, or xbox one or I?m at work I run into the same buffering issue. I?ve never had that issue with Dropbox but I guess that?s why dropbox is more expensive.

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Most definitely... It's really annoying for trying to share video clips with family & friends... so much so that I've resorted to manually uploading anything I want to actually share with others to Dropbox instead. That's totally unacceptable given that I use OneDrive for everything else and that the files are already automatically backed up there anyway.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I could be the only one. My wife and daughter's accounts do the same. Ive never had a problem streaming Xbox video and Music but when it comes to OneDrive its a disappointment. Im headed over to uservoice and check it out.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried using other devices and/or apps, such as using a browser other than IE or streaming from OneDrive with an iOS or Android device? I've not had issues with it on Android.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Chrome browser... yes. Same thing. Other than that, I got rid of my Moto Xoom tablet for a SP3. And for that matter, this makes it even worse that if I am using all MS products, apps etc, that this experience is so bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos