Possible to return original ROM on Lumia 1520?

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone! Hope you're all doing great.
So I paid for the Lumia 1520 online, and the seller from China told me that the phone has a custom ROM installed on it in order to get all the languages. If her supplier kept the phones as stock, they would only available in Chinese and English (this is how the RM937 comes in China). The phone is original and is the MR 937 Version. So is it possible for me to flash back the original ROM to it? Where i can update it normally and get it back to factory ROM ?

Thanks,
Anthony.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anthony... I believe your seller is needlessly confusing you. It may be the language barrier or it could be a tactic to sell more units.

From any Windows Phone you can download a whole array of language packs and keyboards. Chances are this is a big misunderstanding. I suspect that what you are getting is a Country Variant of RM-937 made for Honk Kong. You should be fine getting it to do whatever you want in terms of language and it will update with no issues.

If the seller claims they have a special ROM they install so you can get English on the phone that probably means they just installed the English language pack. By saying custom ROM they may be mistaking a term or trying to make it appear that they worked hard and made the device "special" so you will buy.

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey RumoredNow! Thank you for your response, and i really get what you are saying, except that i dont think the seller is "trying to make it appear that they worked hard and made the device "special" so I will buy", because she thinks that i won't buy it if it is installed with the "custom ROM" because she is claiming that i won't be able to update it by myself. Anyway, i understand what she meant now, and i will get the phone. Worst case i can install another ROM on it where i can update it, correct?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm all out of guesses. You'll know more when you have it in hand.

Post back with what it says under Settings > extras + info > Manufacturer's Name

I'm sure it will be groovy and we'll see what needs to be done if anything.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey RumoredNow! Thank you for your response, and i really get what you are saying, except that i dont think the seller is "trying to make it appear that they worked hard and made the device "special" so I will buy", because she thinks that i won't buy it if it is installed with the "custom ROM" because she is claiming that i won't be able to update it by myself. Anyway, i understand what she meant now, and i will get the phone. Worst case i can install another ROM on it where i can update it, correct?

Yea, even if they did for whatever reason switch the ROM, the Nokia software can flash any ROM on it, it would just be a matter of figuring out which one is yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizmizo