Potential Motto for Windows Phone

straitda

May 27, 2011
Visit site
My sister-in-law just dumped her Windows Phone (HTC Arrive on Sprint) for an iPhone. I have been trying to help her understand her Arrive and how to navigate around Windows Phone but she never really got it. Interestingly, she is not a Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn user. I am wondering if the lack of "splash" that happens on Windows Phone, when you are members of these services, leads people to leave if they are not users of these services.

I hate to see anyone bolt from WP7 for iOS, but as I heard the news she was leaving, this little tidbit entered my mind in reference to WP7:

"Your phone doesn't make you happening, you make your phone happening."

She just didn't do anything in the social world to make WP7 sing. And as a result, she feels like she will be better served with a phone that provides a static grid of icons to launch applications that she finds useful.

She had an Android on Verizon and hated the battery life, etc. She's now dumping the Arrive on Spint. She hopes that the iPhone will be the perfect platform, and I have a feeling it will be for her since she doesn't care about social integration.

WP7 needs to find a way in Apollo to appeal to the 40-somethings that aren't on social networks to choose them as a platform.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about a motto. But I do think there should be a whole ad campaign with the Huey Lewis & the News song, "It's Hip to be Square."

Come to think of it... Can I somehow copyright that idea? It will be the ultimate ad campaign for the over 35 crowd!

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about a motto. But I do think there should be a whole ad campaign with the Huey Lewis & the News song, "It's Hip to be Square."

Come to think of it... Can I somehow copyright that idea? It will be the ultimate ad campaign for the over 35 crowd!

Oh man I can't get the thought of American Psycho movie and Christian Bale dancing around with an axe in his hand.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
She hopes that the iPhone will be the perfect platform, and I have a feeling it will be for her since she doesn't care about social integration.

I don't really see the problem here, WP7 is still on it's infancy and contrary to what Microsoft wants everyone to think WP7 is very hard to use if you are a noob. But there's a chance she might come back for a sexy Nokia phone with Apollo, by that time we should/must have 100,000 apps and be on par on features with the big boys.

At my work there was a guy looking for a cover on his 4GS but he kept ogling at my phone, after a couple of minutes he asked me if it was a Windows Phone, I told him yes. Apparently he leaved Windows Phone because of the lack of apps (He had a Focus and did get Mango) but you could tell about the sad look of his face that he really liked WP7 and Microsoft just didn't delivered on what that particular user needed.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Consult the ghost of the 'turtleneck' about how to copyright, trademark and patent other peoples creativity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle