Problem With My Lumia 520

Anonymous1511

May 22, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 520 got problem updating the software furthermore,my apps update also cannot run properly:cry:

So guys any ideas to fix this problem?

Any feedback to resolve this problem :angel:

Attachments

• 1003177_342580585871892_196684606_n.jpg
    1003177_342580585871892_196684606_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 971375_342585902538027_1069345799_n.jpg
    971375_342585902538027_1069345799_n.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Anonymous1511

May 22, 2013
Visit site
You think I request a silly questions? I noticed this problem when I after restore to factory settings.Apps Update Unavailable and my XBOX game sync encounter error too....zzzzz .Furthermore, I run this update connected to full speed wifi access on my home network.The EDGE Network due to heavy downpour in my place

Attachments

• 971725_343291719134112_1385437369_n.jpg
    971725_343291719134112_1385437369_n.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8

Martin Y

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
You think I request a silly questions?
No, faceless_el thought that his/her question might be silly, not your question. It was a colloquial english way of saying "I may be asking a silly question but...".

I noticed this problem when I after restore to factory settings.Apps Update Unavailable and my XBOX game sync encounter error too....zzzzz .Furthermore, I run this update connected to full speed wifi access on my home network.The EDGE Network due to heavy downpour in my place
I'm not clear on what you mean about a downpour. The screen caps you posted indicate that your WiFi is connected to your router OK, but are you certain that your router's internet connection is OK?

dontspoon

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 520 wont ring or vibrate on incoming calls. The volume is on 30 (highest setting) there is no response when I try volume down. it will play a ringtone LOUD. but wont ring during incoming calls. Also I cannot use the Back arrow button n my phone. It just makes the volume blink at the top along with the ring tone setting. regardless if it on vibrate, silent ring & vibrate. The volume level and call setting display is constantly on. Even after I do hard reset. it will power on by itself & return to a lighting bolt screen until I reset it holding the volume down and power. When It powers on I immediately have to hold the power button and camera button for 10 until it reboots to the windows 8 screen. If I let go a second to early it will go back to the lighting bolt and freeze.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
My lumia 520 wont ring or vibrate on incoming calls. The volume is on 30 (highest setting) there is no response when I try volume down. it will play a ringtone LOUD. but wont ring during incoming calls. Also I cannot use the Back arrow button n my phone. It just makes the volume blink at the top along with the ring tone setting. regardless if it on vibrate, silent ring & vibrate. The volume level and call setting display is constantly on. Even after I do hard reset. it will power on by itself & return to a lighting bolt screen until I reset it holding the volume down and power. When It powers on I immediately have to hold the power button and camera button for 10 until it reboots to the windows 8 screen. If I let go a second to early it will go back to the lighting bolt and freeze.

Sounds like you need a hard reset. If it still doesn't work properly, you should have it checked for hardware defects. Since you are able to use your phone, I suggest going to 'about' > 'reset your phone'.

nocarrots

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you need a hard reset. If it still doesn't work properly, you should have it checked for hardware defects. Since you are able to use your phone, I suggest going to 'about' > 'reset your phone'.

Mine acts even more funny...
incomming calls:
- does vibrate
- does have ringtone/sound
- cannot hear voice
- mic works fine
- can hear voice in "handsfree mode" or using headphone (stereo)

Music:
- no sound
- only sound on left with headphone (mono)

Alarm:
- works fine

... Already done a hard reset.
It worked fine before the update.
Is there a way to re-install windows phone?

nocarrots

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there is. Use this tool.

Trouble with your Nokia Windows Phone? Restore it with the official Software Recovery Tool | Windows Phone Central

If your phone is under warranty, might I suggest having it checked out at a Nokia Care Centre?

Thanks.
Sadly, I have lost my proof of purchase... :sweaty: ... hmm... maybe I can ask the webshop to make another print of proof?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.
Sadly, I have lost my proof of purchase... :sweaty: ... hmm... maybe I can ask the webshop to make another print of proof?

If you go to the local Nokia page, there is a section where you can enter your IMEI number and they'll tell you if your phone is under warranty. Best to have proof of purchase though.

nocarrots

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
If you go to the local Nokia page, there is a section where you can enter your IMEI number and they'll tell you if your phone is under warranty. Best to have proof of purchase though.
Yay got my proof of purchase :)
Made use of Nokia Care Centre Online... now I gotta wait and use my old trusty mobile phone :D
Anyway guess you already guessed the Recovery Tool didn't solve my problem, it seems to do a reset and install Nokia's software package.
Are there any tools that allow me to re-install Windows Phone 8?

Chaitanya K1

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I too facing same pb as U .Kindly notify me what to do.
Ringer sound & vibration not coming for incoming calls .
for Music, messages i am gettng sound louder & vibration is also working when i get messages.
only during incoming calls, its not ringing & vibrating.
Thanks in advance for those who can solve my pb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077