Problem with my Lumia 930 brightness settings, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Problem with my lumia 930 brightness settings

After one of the last updates,i don't remember the build exactly but it was the one that the screen went black when updating I decided to reset my phone,I did that and the phone worked normally but now i can't change the brightness,i set it to low,medium,high or automatic but it stays very bright on all the options,i tried soft reseting and hard reseting but nothing worked,today i tried downloading windows device recovery tool to see if that will be fixed but everytime i try to use it i always get an error trying to install the packages.Is there a solution to this or will my phone stay very bright all the time,its hard to use the phone at night because of it and the battery last way less than it did before

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with my lumia 930 brightness settings

After one of the last updates,i don't remember the build exactly but it was the one that the screen went black when updating I decided to reset my phone,I did that and the phone worked normally but now i can't change the brightness,i set it to low,medium,high or automatic but it stays very bright on all the options,i tried soft reseting and hard reseting but nothing worked,today i tried downloading windows device recovery tool to see if that will be fixed but everytime i try to use it i always get an error trying to install the packages.Is there a solution to this or will my phone stay very bright all the time,its hard to use the phone at night because of it and the battery last way less than it did before

Try the factory reset one more time, without restoring backup and see what happens
Check for any app updates
What version are you on? You can check in settings > system > about > OS build - it should be 10586.420 for official release

for the wdrt issue, try a different pc

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria