Problem with Nokia Care Suite and flash lumia 1020

mzoslater

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi. anyone know how to change the lumia rom 1020? Is that the Nokia Care Suite will not let me download the new rom and flash.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll reiterate my question. Why do you want to download it? Don't you already have the latest firmware on your phone.

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey, guys why are you all arguing with alv3st3r? This is such a basic and normal thing on nokia lumia series. I changed my rom so many times on my lumia 920. I bought a 1020 and i want to use a unbranded firmware. This is not a matter of updating...this is about changing the whole thing. And it must be possible!! I also want to do it!!!

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi. anyone know how to change the lumia rom 1020? Is that the Nokia Care Suite will not let me download the new rom and flash.

Hi - I went through this process last month, it took a bit of reading but I was successful.

First, read the first couple of pages of this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...a-firmware-without-navifirm-;-inc-1020-a.html

To make it all work, I downloaded the firmware using the modified Nokia Data Package Manager, available from here: Nokia Data Package Manager ? Seidea

Then I downloaded the latest Care Suite: Nokia Care Suite PST 5.0 2013.38.3.2 ? Seidea

The process is as outlined in the thread linked to above.

I hope that helps - good luck!

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, now I have one unbranded 1020. Noap, mine wasn't a AT&T but my lumia 920 was and it was also difficult to change the firmware at first. But what you have to do is flash with Rogers firmware first and then you are free to flash roms from the world.
So you have a unbranded 1020 now? Was yours an AT&T one?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, now I have one unbranded 1020. Noap, mine wasn't a AT&T but my lumia 920 was and it was also difficult to change the firmware at first. But what you have to do is flash with Rogers firmware first and then you are free to flash roms from the world.

damn mine is AT&T. For a second, I had some hope.

Douglas Zacharias

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Of course he can do it! Do not say things you don't know!! I had the same problem with the AT&T lumia 920....i was about to give up..but i flashed a rogers rom...and it worked! There is a tutorial on lumia 920's forum....find it and do the same for 1020. But just remember downloading 1020's rom...not 920.
You can't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb