Problem with photo upload and storage

Will_T

May 20, 2020
Visit site
I have looked online and checked my settings but can not find this issue addressed anywhere. For a long time the upload and sync of my photos from my Android phone to my Windows 10 computer worked like this:

When I opened my Windows File Explorer and went to my Windows 10 Camera Roll folder, a sync would occur and all my latest photos taken on my Pixel 2 XL would upload to the computer. Then the next time I went to the Camera Roll folder, all those previous photos would be in the C.R. folder and any new ones taken since would upload.

Since 1-1/2 years at least, it has worked differently. Now whenever I open that folder, the latest photo displayed there is always the same one from back in November of 2018. Then it starts to sync and after about a minute or so it will show all the many photos taken since that November 2018 date. But they do not actually get kept in Camera Roll like they were doing up until Nov 2018. Every time I leave the C.R. folder and then go back, the only photos there are from before that Nov 2018 date and the sync has to reoccur. This is an issue only because I do not like having to wait each time for all the photos to load.

You would think from the description that this would really be an issue if working offline, but strangely it is not. It must be syncing that C.R. folder locally from my computer and not OneDrive online as the behavior is the same even if I am not connected to the internet. In other words, even when offline, a successful sync of all photos since Nov 2018 occurs.

Can anyone clue me in as to what is going on and how I can get all my hundreds of photos since 11/2018 to show right away in my Camera Roll folder and not have to wait each time for that slow green bar to progress it's way across the top of my screen? Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss