Problems With Touch Pro

sran

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I got my HTC Touch Pro from Sprint on Tues. 11th. The phone seems great, I was using a Treo 800w. The only problem is I haven't been able to get a data connection yet. I've spent lots of time with Sprint tech support, but they keep saying it's a National problem with the Sprint EVDO network. Can they really be having problems all week??? Has anyone else has data connection problems with this phone or Sprint?

R1_Rydah

Oct 23, 2004
Visit site
I got my HTC Touch Pro from Sprint on Tues. 11th. The phone seems great, I was using a Treo 800w. The only problem is I haven't been able to get a data connection yet. I've spent lots of time with Sprint tech support, but they keep saying it's a National problem with the Sprint EVDO network. Can they really be having problems all week??? Has anyone else has data connection problems with this phone or Sprint?

sounds like the CSR fed you a line of BS to get you off the phone, my data has been fine all week (DC metro area)

jeffreytz

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
I got my Touch Pro on Friday 11/14, switching from a Treo 800w. I'm having a lot of trouble getting the WM settings to work in the various HTC applications. For example, I can't get word completion to work at all on my Touch Pro. At first it was "auto correcting" which is useless, so I turned that off and changed my settings to be similar to how I had them on my 800w, namely suggest after three characters, no space after selecting. After making those changes, word completion doesn't work at all. I tried rebooting the phone, changing the settings around, even turning on "auto correct" again and nothing, never gives the suggestions.

So far most settings I've tried to change via Settings\System don't seem to ever take effect; anyone else having these problems?

So far I like the phone OK, but I really miss all the hard keys of the 800w, I wish I could remove/hide the "Outlook Exchange" email account which I don't use, there should be an "OK" on the keyboard instead of having to hit the on-screen button (which is really tiny for my fat fingers), where's the animation as you "slide" from screen to screen in Touch Flo (i.e. swiping your finger from Today to People, People to Mail, etc.)?, and everything in general seems to take an extra press to get to what you want (over the 800w, anyway).

Love that screen, though :)

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
A couple of lessons learned from this afternoon. They aren't necessarily bugs (probably more so self-inflicted injuries) but I thought I would share.

a) Diamond TouchFlo 3D Configurator: Works with the Fuze but seemed to slow things down a bit. Allows you to re-organize and remove the tabs. Oh, word of caution, if you make any changes and uninstall the configurator, the changes stay. If you choose to uninstall make sure Touchflo's configured the way you want it before uninstalling.

b) Changing Themes under the TF Configurator: It's not like changing a Today Theme. You can download theme's from various places on the internet (XDA Developer's for instance) and swap out themes but in doing so, you delete your old theme and install new theme files.

Themes other than the AT&T default theme seem to be slow as well. Some of these themes look as if they've been written for the Diamond or Touch Pro so there may be minute differences that cause the Fuze to drag.

c) Advance Configuration: It works on the Fuze but I can't find anything that prevents the screen from turning off during a call (supposed to be there). Still haven't figured out if it helps with the GPS functionality or not.

d) Either the .net cf, Advanced Configuration tool, or the TouchFlo configurator caused the Fuze to randomly go back to the Home screen. i would be in the Programs Window and tap the scroll bar and all of a sudden I was returned to the Home Screen.

e) SPB Mobile Shell doesn't play nice with TouchFlo. When I went to the SPB Menu from the Home Screen in TouchFlo, the buttons were mapped as directional buttons. The Home Key moved the highlight to the right, the Back key went left, the send up, and end down. Using SPB without Touchflo running didn't seem to have these results.

d) YouTube: If you didn't pick up on it, Youtube is in the Windows Folder and needs to be moved to the Start Menu for easier access. Simply find the Youtube file (25B file) and copy it to the Start Menu in the Windows Folder.

okay.... I think it's the Advance Config that's sending me back to the Home Screen. Looks like I'm headed towards a hard reset.

kbcherry

Apr 7, 2007
Visit site
I picked up the Fuze last night and I will have to say I actually like it a lot. Former Treo 750 and Tilt user. Bought the Treo Pro and sent it back but I think the Fuze is a keeper. I agree with most of the above. I like TF3D functionality wise, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually switch the themes. I just want the black diamond one and more than anything I just want to get rid of the ATT wall paper. I like the Sprint Theme, and I found a Neon Theme Cab, and it looked fine, but it didn't change the wall paper. Any ideas? I searched all over XDA and couldn't find anything that worked great. I'm running the stock rom but no ATT bloat.

Also, I found that you had to edit the registry to actually get HSDPA/HSUPA to be active. Its like ATT disabled it on purpose. Follow this thread, and in addition you actually need to enable the icon as well, otherwise it will just show 3G even if you are in a "H" area and getting H speeds. More info here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=444365

jeffreytz

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
Other issues/questions

OK, managed to fix the word completion with some registry hacks courtesy of PPCgeeks. Has anyone gotten the "automatic" sound setting to work? It's in the touchflo settings menu under sound; the way its supposed to work is if you have an appointment it is supposed to set the ringer to vibrate during the meeting, then switch it back when the meeting is over. Doesn't do anything on my phone.

Also, is there anyway to turn off the delete confimation when deleting text messages from the TouchFlo interface? Kind of annoying that WM settings in programs like text messaging don't carry through to the TouchFlo version.

JT

trwm

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
OK, managed to fix the word completion with some registry hacks courtesy of PPCgeeks. Has anyone gotten the "automatic" sound setting to work? It's in the touchflo settings menu under sound; the way its supposed to work is if you have an appointment it is supposed to set the ringer to vibrate during the meeting, then switch it back when the meeting is over. Doesn't do anything on my phone.

Also, is there anyway to turn off the delete confimation when deleting text messages from the TouchFlo interface? Kind of annoying that WM settings in programs like text messaging don't carry through to the TouchFlo version.

JT

Automatic sound setting is working correctly on my Sprint Touch Pro going to setttings, sounds, and select automatic. However, every time I do a soft reset it goes back to the default normal - minor pain.

trwm

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
WM has never supported this (for whatever reason) - you can sync OneNote with your phone, but not the notes in Outlook.

I loaded OneNote on my computer but according to the documentation, you can only sync in one direction, from the notes on the Pocket PC up to the desktop. You cannot change a note in OneNote and have it sync down to the Pocket PC

jlengua

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
htc touch pro

I have a touch pro from sprint. I love the phone but ever sinces I got it, the phonehave a problem, is that it turns off by itself. I took it to fix at one of the sprint store but is still doing the same thing. Another is the application some it takes time to come up. What I dont understand is that you puy so much money for them and they dont work like they have to work.

Audioi

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Text message counter

My text message counter (On Touch Flow) will display 1 message when there are none. If you go to the files and look at the inbox it shows 1 but there is no way to delete the phantom message. I have taken the device to Verizon locally and contacted verizon tech with no results.

Audioi

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site

JT

Let us know if you find a fix for the delete confirmation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria