Problems with Whatsapp Resolutions

micheitor

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys are you all sure its the whatsapp problem? I have the same problem, its actually our camera problem on the 1520. To check this, check the file size of the pictures you take via your PC. Mine shows less than 40kb per pic!!! Yes 20MP camera taking VGA quality photos. It looks ok on our screens but when whatsap compressors it further then the small pics happen. I think the latest 8.1 update ( the 2nd one) screwed up the camera module for 1020 and 1520.

Be searching the net for fixes, soft reset done. Nothing, praying microsoft will acknowledge can fix this ASAP!

I'm using WP8
It's a whatsapp last update problem

Urias Gadelha

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I`m having the same problem... Lumia 1520, after the last whatsapp update, the pictures are very tiny... the video is ok... even the pictures i send from my camera roll, gets downsized... anyone knows something for us to do??

Dimi7287

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Pics I send over WhatsApp on my Lumia 1020 and receive from my friends using Lumia 1020's render on my phone and their phones like tiny ugly thumbnails. Anyone fix in the works ??????

Beatmaster

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Just received a picture from my brother using a L920. The picture is not as small as the ones I sent but it's a little smaller then full screen. So there seems to be a bigger problem. You can see this if you receive a picture in landscape and watch it in landscape.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
My sister has this problem. She is using a Lumia 1520. Could that be a problem of Nokia Camera Beta? Her picture is fine when she sends the picture captured using Camera 360 through Whatsapp.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I just saw on the main WhatsApp discussion that if you change the aspect ratio of the camera to 4:3 the pictures come out okay in WhatsApp. I haven't been using it and no one is awake to test it with but it's worth a shot.

Dimi7287

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just saw on the main WhatsApp discussion that if you change the aspect ratio of the camera to 4:3 the pictures come out okay in WhatsApp. I haven't been using it and no one is awake to test it with but it's worth a shot.

Mate thanks for the suggestion, changing the aspect ratio definitely works! :)

(Nokia Lumia 1020, WP 8.1 DP)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle