Project My Screen app now available for download (MS)

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Tip for those who can't get it to work:

Unplug your phone from your PC if it isn't already. Go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers. Find your phone (it may be in there multiple times), right click on it and select "Remove Device". Then plug your phone back into your PC, go to "project my screen" on your phone, and then run the application on your PC.

Interesting.

I don't know if this will help anyone but this is what I did:

-Open the application on my desktop.
-With the application focused I connected my phone.
-The phone showed me a prompt telling me an application wanted to project my screen and if I wanted to allow it.
-I said yes and it started.

reglu

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just try connect my Lumia 620 via USB to PC with Win 7 Ultimate and other PC with Win 8.1 Update and Project Screen doesn?t work. Nothing displaying at phone, nothing in PC monitor. Drivers seems to be good, I can see my phone in my devices.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Unplug your phone from your PC if it isn't already. Go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers. Find your phone (it may be in there multiple times), right click on it and select "Remove Device". Then plug your phone back into your PC, go to "project my screen" on your phone, and then run the application on your PC.

To go along with your post. :)

Projecting your Windows Phone screen to a PC | Monkey Slaps

z8er

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

This worked for me! Thanks! 1020

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

That worked, thanks.

So awesome I can use my mouse on my PC to control my phone!

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
That worked, thanks.

So awesome I can use my mouse on my PC to control my phone!

With your post you made me think about the keyboard and about how awesome it would be to text with an external keyboard when I am using my computer... Unfortunately the keyboard is a no go.

Matthew Hypolite

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Using the keyboard on my surface to type in whatsapp would be epic indeed. Surface docked connected to 3 screens, project screen app on one with phone projected, whiles phones sits on qi charger .

:......Microsoft, desktop keyboard input, make it happen.

Markus Moser

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
this got it working for me, thanks! :)

the really cool thing: you can simulate touch input via your mouse! :)
now give us keyboard input too, and we got a nice way to use WhatsApp & co. on our computers! :))
i'm starting to get really excited about all the development that is goeing on at the moment, keep this thing rolling microsoft!! :)

reglu

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
At my Lumia 620 works only on monitors with 1280x1024 (old PC) and 1366x766 (netbook) monitor resolution. On HD 1920x1080 and 1920x1200 not working. Is it possible or I do something wrong...?

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Working fine.

21tevbh.jpg

Not very useful to me, but pretty cool regardless. The phone can even be controlled via the PC, but that seems to be only possible when the app is windowed, because the mouse pointer disappears when it goes full screen.

Actually there's a little tiny adjustment to that fix

LEAVE your phone plugged in, then uninstall all the drivers, delete it. Unplug it, delete it from devices and Printers as well.

THEN replug it back it. works.
Nah, it works either way. If the phone is unplugged, you can set Device Manager to show hidden devices and then remove the phone's entries.

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
With your post you made me think about the keyboard and about how awesome it would be to text with an external keyboard when I am using my computer... Unfortunately the keyboard is a no go.

Really disappointed about this. One thing I liked about my Android phone was using AirDroid to text from my computer. Made it easier to text at work as I wasn't seen pulling my phone out.

Derek De Souza

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
** you've got absolutely nothing to do on the phone, the PC handles everything** So, don't go on project my screen and wait for something to happen because nothing will happen :p
People who are having troubles, I have found a solution.
Install the app, reboot the PC once the installation has been completed.
Now, open up the app from desktop and then connect the USB.
If there is no prompt on the screen go device manager (right click start menu, there should be an option), DO NOT unplug the USB from the phone.
At the bottom there will be a section called "universal serial bus devices" Uninstall all the drivers that are linked to your phone. Once they disappear, disconnect your phone.

Now, close the app on the desktop and launch it again. Then connect the phone via USB. You should have the prompt on your phone now.

If you are stuck at any points feel free to reply to my comment.
I hope it works for you as easily as it did for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra