ProShot camera app.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, just one complaint , why not have an option for a bigger UI (my fingers are way too big for your small menus , and since you can set the opacity of the menu I don't see whats wrong of adding that option.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
For all of you who asks how to use manual settings and asking about writing a manual, here comes some info about how "real" camera works.
CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified
try to play with one setting a time, like ISO, then after that with shutter speed, then after that with lighting, move it from dark indoors to sunny outside... learn, then test with ProShot... there are other camera simulators on web, you should "Bing" for it :)

And regarding "Good" photography, I asked a friend of mine, professional photographer: "How to take a good photo" here is his answer: "First you have to learn what is a good photo, go on web and browse photos, (http://500px.com/flow) then when you see something you like (example: architecture, entrance to a building ), save it on your PC, then continue browsing for similar photos and saving on your PC, then when you have many similar photos try to recreate same thing, while doing that you will learn a lot of light, camera placement, cropping, camera settings and so on....

Hope this helps for us who wonder :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I quickly reviewed it and the UI didn't help much , once I got it up and running , I really got its potential , The thing I wonder , are they using Nokia's low light algorithms or their own . (Since nokia opened its APIs lately.)

ProShot uses the camera's native algorithms.

Hey there, just one complaint , why not have an option for a bigger UI (my fingers are way too big for your small menus , and since you can set the opacity of the menu I don't see whats wrong of adding that option.

Which menus are you having trouble with? Does anyone else feel the menu items are too small? It's going to take a considerable amount of work to re-tool the UI to allow for dynamic resizing, but it's something I can look into when I eventually do a code re-write.

For all of you who asks how to use manual settings and asking about writing a manual, here comes some info about how "real" camera works.
CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified
try to play with one setting a time, like ISO, then after that with shutter speed, then after that with lighting, move it from dark indoors to sunny outside... learn, then test with ProShot... there are other camera simulators on web, you should "Bing" for it :)

And regarding "Good" photography, I asked a friend of mine, professional photographer: "How to take a good photo" here is his answer: "First you have to learn what is a good photo, go on web and browse photos, (http://500px.com/flow) then when you see something you like (example: architecture, entrance to a building ), save it on your PC, then continue browsing for similar photos and saving on your PC, then when you have many similar photos try to recreate same thing, while doing that you will learn a lot of light, camera placement, cropping, camera settings and so on....

Hope this helps for us who wonder :)

Great tips and advice!

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies , Since Nokia said to have opened its SKDs to developers wouldn't it make much sense for your app to look and feel like the Smartshoot lens (Perhaps in Proshot 3.0 :) )
I think the right menu is a little small yes specially for people with large fingers (I can't think how bad would this feel in an even smaller screen.

It took me like 15 seconds to get the settings I wanted to take a picture (by that time the moment was gone.) . Please consider enlarging them (even in far away versions its not a must have feature.)

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies , Since Nokia said to have opened its SKDs to developers wouldn't it make much sense for your app to look and feel like the Smartshoot lens (Perhaps in Proshot 3.0 :) )
I think the right menu is a little small yes specially for people with large fingers (I can't think how bad would this feel in an even smaller screen.

It took me like 15 seconds to get the settings I wanted to take a picture (by that time the moment was gone.) . Please consider enlarging them (even in far away versions its not a must have feature.)

If you needed to take a picture in less than 15 seconds, snap a quick shot in Auto, and then if you have time, mess with settings.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Indoor, 4sec exposure, btw RiseUpGames, app crashes many times while taking time lapse. Installed photosynth, do not know if this is a reason but after using photosynth I got only green screen when activating camera, restart did solve this. Do not know if this helps you.
Anyhow, fantastic app.
Here are result of my fun time tonight :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    868.8 KB · Views: 12

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
just bought the app the dev has done an amazing job , its an asset to windowsphone8 :) well done for all your hard work including replying here that's brilliant customer services etc and defently helps towards the app :)

I will give a glowing review later in the store and good luck with the competition :)

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I bet this would not be possible without ProShot supercharged Lumia 920:

Northern lights
(ProShot, shutter 4 sec, +2 ev, gorillapod)

[url]http://i50.tinypic.com/166g69.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i45.tinypic.com/2e0jmol.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i46.tinypic.com/2zdrb0w.jpg[/URL]

This stuff is nasty, wouldn't have a chance to see it in singapore.
Anyway that makes the lumia 920 shine. For the new HTC One, upcoming Galaxy s4, current Xperia z and the upcoming new fruit phone, try harder.

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
This stuff is nasty, wouldn't have a chance to see it in singapore.
Anyway that makes the lumia 920 shine. For the new HTC One, upcoming Galaxy s4, current Xperia z and the upcoming new fruit phone, try harder.

That's true. You probably will never see these in Singapore, but it's also very rare here at southern Finland. But anyway you too have many great things to see there at Singapore. For example Kimi winning Singapore GP! ;)

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That's true. You probably will never see these in Singapore, but it's also very rare here at southern Finland. But anyway you too have many great things to see there at Singapore. For example Kimi winning Singapore GP! ;)

Talking about F1.. not to forget to mention about the great names of scandinavian rally car drivers from finland, Marcus Gr?nholm & Tommi M?kinen. And by the way during the event of the Singapore GP, parts of the streets in the main city are closed for 3 days. And I can hear the high pitch sound from the F1 race cars from a certain distance when i work nearby :grin:

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just quick question and then back to topic, anyone can recommend great app for formula 1?
You can send me privat message so we do not ruin this thread :)
Please do not forget Mika H?kkinen :)

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I bring my Lumia 920 a step closer to the waters. i know my 8mp shooter ain't no Xperia Z. :winktongue:
Cloudy evening, light conditions isn't great.
Manual Focus, ISO 200, Shutter Speed 1/500sec.
2013_03_20_18_35_15_ProShot.jpg2013_03_20_18_36_12_ProShot.jpg

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Possible problem on 820 with Shutter Speed settings?....or it could just be me!

Not having a clue about shutter speeds, I decided to just try out different ones as cars were driving past the house earlier Today. When I switched the Shutter Speed to (what I call) the lower settings, ie. 1/4 etc. it would basically leave me with a completely white picture? Am I maybe doing something wrong, or is this just a flaw?

One other thing I'd like to suggest/request would be an anti-shake device to be added to the App. I can't remember the App I used to use on the iPhone...possibly Pro Camera?....but the anti-shake device came in real handy. I think it could probably eliminate a lot of the blurriness of the pictures - just my 2p's worth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99