PS4 SPEC LIST and Discussion

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I find it incredibly ignorant when people say this. You can't just use the word "almost" to say any time frame you make up is accurate... So no...The Xbox 360 was released just over 7 years ago.

The Xbox was released almost 10 years ago. would be a CLOSER to true statement since at least it was released 11 years ago.

So, if you want to say the 360 was released almost 10 years ago...then you have to say the Xbox and Xbox 360 were almost released at the same time.

So i was a couple of years out as i was just going off the top of my head trying to remember how long ive had my 360- no need to be pedantic. The point i was making is still valid. Excuse me for being "almost" ignorant.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I only care about console for online play with my friends. And the reason I got my 360 is because every single one of my friends had one. The reason I will get the 720 is because I only play online games and more than likely all of my friends will get the 720.

for single player games I use my PC!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
So i was a couple of years out as i was just going off the top of my head trying to remember how long ive had my 360- no need to be pedantic. The point i was making is still valid. Excuse me for being "almost" ignorant.

You were just a tipping point. I've read that in 20 different comments sections over the last couple of days...and it is just getting tired. They aren't close to 10 years...that is all. :-D

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You were just a tipping point. I've read that in 20 different comments sections over the last couple of days...and it is just getting tired. They aren't close to 10 years...that is all. :-D

That's cool. Imagine it would get annoying. Was actually basing xbox360 time against ex girlfriends moaning about me playing on it. Call it time served if you will, a year can seem like two. Two can seem like three.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
That's cool. Imagine it would get annoying. Was actually basing xbox360 time against ex girlfriends moaning about me playing on it. Call it time served if you will, a year can seem like two. Two can seem like three.

My Xbox was a wedding present to myself, so It is easy for me to remember when I got mine and I got it just a couple years into the life cycle. Stop telling me I've been married 10 tears, I mean years. It's only been 5!

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
watching that event was so painfully boring.

couple factors play heavy for me

- the next xbox specs.
- price point... Sony is notorious for high price tags and expecting everyone to rush out and buy.
- exclusives... a lot argue about sony having more exclusives BUT myself I prefer the xbox exclusives over the typical anime playstation exclusives.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Specs are way too similar to call either a winner. Just like the current ones. I own both currently, but I liked Sony's exclusives better than the ones for my xbox. Uncharted, killzone, and God of War are anime?? Wow you're out to lunch) There's not going to be a winner, it's going to be pretty much like it has been already. The only difference is that the new Wii is flopping hard, whereas last gen saw it selling better than Sony or Microsoft despite being less of a hardcore gaming system.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Specs are way too similar to call either a winner.

I prefer Microsoft, but if the rumored Durango specs are true, from a pure power standpoint, the PS4 is far ahead. The thing is, that doesn't mean anything to me, as I already have a powerful gaming PC. I just want to see how it'll integrate with the products I already have. Since I'm a mostly Windows household, the PS4 has zero possibility of doing that. The next Xbox might. Otherwise, if I'm not happy with the integration, I'll sit this generation out and stick to my Steam games.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I dug a little more and it looks like Sony is also using this as a way to One-Up all the other Android OEM's as far as gaming is concerned. They're using their PSN along with the cloud gaming company they bought out to allow "Playstation certified" (translation: Sony) Android devices to stream games, music, videos from Playstation Network. Basically what they're doing is hitting the same point for Sony made android devices that MS is working towards for Xbox/WP8. Man I love watching all this new stuff come out

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I dug a little more and it looks like Sony is also using this as a way to One-Up all the other Android OEM's as far as gaming is concerned. They're using their PSN along with the cloud gaming company they bought out to allow "Playstation certified" (translation: Sony) Android devices to stream games, music, videos from Playstation Network. Basically what they're doing is hitting the same point for Sony made android devices that MS is working towards for Xbox/WP8. Man I love watching all this new stuff come out

Good to hear. Samsung needs a challenge.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
At risk of labouring the point, I think the Xbox will be second place in terms of specs. However, one thing that shocked me were the number of things that were new features that I assumed the PS3 could do already.

There are already rumblings that MS will bring forward their bug announcement on the back of the Sony reveal. To be honest, I would prefer it if MS put back their announcement. Improve some hardware first, then announce it mid to late September, or even October. That would buy them time to improve on the specs they have.

Having said that, what on Earth would they talk about at E3?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope SONY still keep the online multilayer and other things for free if not I will not be hoping on the band wagon to the PS4 :crying:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Whoa, back up the bus... Sony says ill be able to play the full console games on a Vita handheld?? Okay you win, take my money now please

I hope SONY still keep the online multilayer and other things for free if not I will not be hoping on the band wagon to the PS4 :crying:

That little nugget of Vita gold in bold there...yea, you KNOW that is going to be behind a subscription based wall.

Also...BIGPADDY...for your sig. the word "most' doesn't belong. use of the "-est" already implies the "most" part.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I just cant see them continuing to offer eeverything for nothing again. They can see that MS has something like 40million active gold members each paying for the privilege. Now they charge approximately ?35pa for it. Let us assume that the retailers keep ?15. That means that MS takes in ?800m per year for offering online play. Sony cannot afford to look the other way when they are currently haemorrhaging cash.

Come on Paddy, just join the Xbox clan. We will make you welcome.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I just cant see them continuing to offer eeverything for nothing again. They can see that MS has something like 40million active gold members each paying for the privilege. Now they charge approximately ?35pa for it. Let us assume that the retailers keep ?15. That means that MS takes in ?800m per year for offering online play. Sony cannot afford to look the other way when they are currently haemorrhaging cash.

Come on Paddy, just join the Xbox clan. We will make you welcome.

I see what the next Xbox will be like if it going to be similar to windows 8 interface that might pull me in a lot more and now I have a lumia 920 red it would sync well together with an xbox.

If Sony decide to charge for psn i may just get a xbox and most my friends are on Xbox so I know they will continue with the next gen.

Now I cant decide :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb