PSA ? Don?t install Windows Phone 8.1 on the Samsung ATIV SE on Verizon

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Good to know that Sean Daily, as an other member commented all went fine when he updated the SE to 8.1 without a hitch!
I really want to install the PFD but I am affraid that I will regret it :) Let's hope Verizon will bring the update within a couple of months, or let's wait and see if Windows 10 preview will fix the PFD bugs...

ebcstanger

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have the original 8.0 ROM? I keep getting the screen freeze after a call. Everything else work fine for me.

OS version - 8.10.14203.306
OEM - SAMSUNG
Model - SM-W750V

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the original 8.0 ROM? I keep getting the screen freeze after a call. Everything else work fine for me.

OS version - 8.10.14203.306
OEM - SAMSUNG
Model - SM-W750V

its been posted in here that currently you will have to wait for the official release as there is no original ROM available.

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
this thread may be no longer needed since the official update has been released and i would think at minimum it should read "Rejoice you can update to 8.1" :)

anyway here is a thread on the official update

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I dunno, tried all afternoon and evening to download and it was not available. Checked and unchecked the PFD app. No dice.

ocdtrekkie

May 7, 2014
Visit site
this thread may be no longer needed since the official update has been released and i would think at minimum it should read "Rejoice you can update to 8.1" :)

anyway here is a thread on the official update

Until there's a non-risky path for PFD users to update to the official build, this thread still has a purpose.

fletch33

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Until there's a non-risky path for PFD users to update to the official build, this thread still has a purpose.

if i am correct then a PFD user would be someone on a pre-release of 8.1 which as i also believe is not even available anymore.

the purpose of this thread is to warn me to NOT install the preview of 8.1 because it is so buggy and since 8.1 official is coming OTA with no need to signup and download a pre-build it therefore eliminates the need of a thread to warn of installing a no longer valid OS optional update.

your situation is you read this thread too late and installed or installed it anyway and could wait weeks, months, or eternity for an update from your OS to official without going back to stock yourself. this is not relevant to the purpose of this thread.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb