Purple Hue Screen

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
No that doesn't help it. I think it got fixed in 8.1? I am not sure though, but I am wondering if it is all the ICON's or just a limited number.

For me it didn't happen on 8.0, it only happened on 8.1. It's a software issue for sure since it's not happening on my Icon anymore. The only 2 things that I changed was the display color profile and update the firmware, and I both did around the same time which is why i'm not sure what exactly cured it.

It should be fixed with Cyan or a display app update, but I wouldn't hold my breath since the 930 seems to be suffering from it too.

ange1Guardian

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia Icon and have this issue on the screen, are like weird lines that are more visible on gray colors and on the camera the appears like pink/purple color, also the black colors background is like a red tint black not pure black. I downgrade to Windows 8.0 BlackWP8.1 Denim but on both have the same issue, Someone knows if its the screen(hardware) or the software? wp_ss_20151028_0001.jpgWP_20151028_16_27_44_Rich_LI.jpg

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I think those are just manufacturing defects inherent in AMOLED displays. They all seem to have it to some extent unfortunately. The red tint is a firmware issue. There is another thread on it. Hopefully it will get fixed when Windows 10 Mobile is released.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I saw this with Windows 10. I went into Extras > Display and adjusted the brightness and brought it way down. I found the display was oversatured bright and knocking the brightness down made it normal. Also, I changed the color to "Vivid" from standard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99