[Q] Any way to force Wi-Fi always on?

Pablitus

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello all...i own a LG Optimus 7 from Personal Argentina.

I'm very happy with my WP7.5....I previously have an Android device and I can say that if the developer put more effort in WP7, it will be an excellent alternative.

The only thing that bothers me is that i can't force Wi-Fi to be always on when it's on battery. I can do it in Android by forcing wi-fi options...
why i want to do it? because it is comfortable when i'm in the office to have the phone with Wireless always on and not rely on 3G Data services.

Anyone knows if this can be done? This is the only speed bump who i still have to be 100% happy.

Thakns in advance.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to WPC salaberrip! I am not sure whether you can do that or not I would suspect that its not possible right now . It might be possible on an unlocked (interop and developer unlock or chevron7) but I am not sure. Theres nothing in advanced settings on my focus rev 1.3 to allow modification it just about getting onto wifi showing whats available.

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no WiFi sleepy policy with WP7. Hopefully Microsoft will address this in a future update.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
WiFi does turn off while on battery, but after a bunch of unrelated testing, it has been determined that WiFi does turn on every two hours to check for messages. Still testing to see if it updates background tasks at the same time. Tw hours is not great, but it's something. From a battery drain perspective, a sleeping WiFi connection is much more efficient than 3G.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Pablitus

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Two hours is a lot....maybe i prefer that MS let me choose the time and if i sucked up my batt in 8 hours, it is my problem :)...

Let's hope that MS solves this in next update... right now i'm veeeery happy with my WP7 after a nasty Android experience with a mid-low range device who drives me crazy with the terrible performance. Now with WP7 all works like a charm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa