Queries about some features before buying a WP

W

WPCentral Question

I am going to buy a new phone and considering a WP. If anybody is using a WP 8.1 then please tell me if these tasks work in it or these are still the limitations.
1. Can you download and upload *any* kind of file (ie. exe, zip, pdf, rar, docx, 7z etc) to internal or external memory through any web browser? Can you transfer these files to PC?
2. Same question as above using OneDrive app.
3. Download torrents to SD card and then open the downloaded files in other apps.(eg. opening videos downloaded from torrents in the video player)
4. Uploading files downloaded from torrents to OneDrive, IE Mobile etc. and transferring them to PC.
4. If I have several tabs open in IE or any other web browser (eg. UC), and I go to start screen and use another app and then switch to browser again, do all the tabs refresh again or they load as is?
5. How many times do you see the "Loading" screen when launching apps on phones with 512MB RAM and with 1GB RAM. Is this problem significant enough to to get Lumia 525 instead of the cheaper Lumia 520?
6. Opening zip, rar, 7z etc. files downloaded from any source (browser, email etc.) and extracting them.
7.Creating compressed archives

Pilot_Lumia

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know much about downloading different types of files on the phone but there are certainly much more features you wouldn't want to miss with a windows phone. My favorite is... It's so fast!!!! I know an iPhone can be faster at times but a WP is sooooooo consistent with its swift OS!!! At a cheaper price compared to an iPhone, you could have the same non-laggy experience!!

rocket998

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I am the guy who posted the question. I have used a lumia 520 for a few days last year but had to sell it due to these limitations. Now that so many updates and apps have been released on WP, I want to know if these limitations still exist.

Pilot_Lumia

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I think with a link from the browser, you would be able to download any type of file... but im not too sure about the viewability. You might need a third party app like adobe pdf viewer for that. most of them are free..
I am the guy who posted the question. I have used a lumia 520 for a few days last year but had to sell it due to these limitations. Now that so many updates and apps have been released on WP, I want to know if these limitations still exist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCC