Question about Bing Live Wallpaper

AgentBetlog

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

How often does the phone update the live wallpaper? I've had the camel wallpaper for quite a while now even though the Bing homepage has a new wallpaper. Thanks for any info.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My wallpaper doesnt change each day either. I have to go in to the settings and switch it from Bing to something else and then back again for it to update. Not sure what is going on.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine updates daily. The dual camels appeared this morning. Yesterday was the subway tunnel thing in Oslo.

The camels are Sunday's image. Mine updated properly to the subway on Saturday and the camels on Sunday, but today...no dice, still camels. It is supposed to be the current day's image. It has only updated it properly for me once. Usually it is a day behind. I don't know what the issue is with this, but it's almost like the flaky live tiles which for many apps are not totally reliable either. I was hoping WP8 would be more consistent than WP7.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Mine changed to today's image (Thunderstorm over the ocean) sometime overnight and has been updating daily for me just fine. Not sure why it wouldn't work for some people. Do you have a huge number of background tasks?

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine update about midnight to the thunderstorm over the ocean. Camels were yesterday. I was having issues before with it not updating and all it took to fix it was to select a normal photo as the lockscreen and then switch it back to 'Bing'. Did that once and haven't had any problems since.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
It appears to always be a day behind. So if you keep manually updating it, it will never change on it's own. If you manually got the camels yesterday, and let the camels stay today, it should update to todays bing wallpaper, tomorrow.

Chris Rosko

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Slightly off topic:

I loved the camel image lol. Made me laugh from the start of my day which is a tough thing to do.

Mine has been a day behind as well, but it doesn't bother me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte