Question about dot view case function

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

Heavily considering the M8 and had a question about dot view case. I know the phone LED doesn't activate when a message or email arrives, but does the dot view case offer any kind of indication when a message or email arrive? I wish I could just go to a store and see for myself, but not in Tmob stores yet. I don't like trolling in other carriers stores either lol.

Thanks in advance!

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. The one I found only shows Cortana with the case. It doesn't show any notification features (or lack thereof)

assistman

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't stay lit up, but it will show you texts, emails, voice mail, phone calls as they arrive. One thing that surprised me was that I could turn off my alarm with a swipe.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't stay lit up, but it will show you texts, emails, voice mail, phone calls as they arrive. One thing that surprised me was that I could turn off my alarm with a swipe.

Thank you. So when you 'double tap' the case, it will also let you know any outstanding alerts that haven't been acknowledged?

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes, if you double tap it opens up the notifications... Then you can swipe right to left to scroll through them. Overall, I love my DV case, I just wish it stayed out of the way of the camera a bit better.

assistman

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
One other thing to note. You have to be holding the phone or at least touching the sides to get the double tap to activate. Not a big deal, but I had hoped it would work easier when I have it sitting on my desk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss