Question about the cameras

lynch7

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering why the new 640/XL are getting the Lumia Camera 5.0 and we don't. While the XL is with 14MP PureView camera, the 640 is 8MP no PureView, and since they are with the same processor and ram, why don't we have the new camera app? Is there some way to unlock it? I have a 735 and I was okay, saying I get what I paid for, and then devices with almost the same specs have it, and the 735 doesn't. So what's the deal?

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Probably has to do with MS pushing "Their" branded Lumias ahead of the previously released Nokias. Although spec wise they're close it comes down to what devices MS is going to support longer down the road. I've been testing a 735 and a 535 for about two weeks as a replacement phone but now that I see that the 640 is coming to T-Mobile USA I might return these two and check it out. Perhaps MS will surprise us down the road with an upgraded camera App, who knows?

lynch7

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Well I'll be really glad if they surprise us, but I seriously doubt it. It's as you said - they want to push their own line of devices and I'm not sure we'll be getting that camera, the thing is if there's a way for us to unlock it somehow, but I doubt that will happen without someone who's more deep inside the OS provides us with info.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure eventually we'll get Lumia Camera 5.0. I actually think Microsoft will merge their own Camera app and the Lumia one on a future update. It doesn't make sense to have to individual apps anymore... Features will be dependent on the phone of course. Who knows how long that'll take, just look at the Denim update for the 735...it still hasn't arrived on LTA phones, while Europe has had it for a while now. Microsoft is just a slow company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro