Question for anyone that has received a Band 2 warranty replacement

sixseven

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

As many of you have also experienced, my Band 1 is falling apart and needs to be replaced. I also have the bumpiness where the power connector connects. It's still covered by warranty. I purchased from Amazon.

I imagine that MS is no longer manufacturing the Band 1, and that their inventory is running low. Perhaps not. I am wondering what my chances are in getting a Band 2 instead of a Band 1. Is there anything I can do to improve my chances?

I've seen some of you react negatively to a question like this. Please know that I am not trying to take advantage of MS. I bought their product, and it's still covered by warranty. If MS elects to provide an alternative replacement, that's their prerogative. :)

If any of you have received a Band 2 as a replacement, but are reluctant to post the details on your success, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Brian Gobrecht

May 20, 2013
Visit site
i have heard of people getting this done but never witnessed it myself.Can always try if your Band 1 is still under warranty under Complete. Not sure if they are even refurbishing them still or stopping production.

David Goldwasser

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I had a Band 1 under warrantee and went to a physical store. I went soon after the Band 2 came out. The store (which was a mall kiosk) didn't have the band 1 in stock. They offered me to options. Microsoft could send me the Band 1, or I could get a full refund on the band 1, which I did. And since at the time they had a sale on the Band 2, it cost the same as my refund amount. Worked out great. I love the curved and glass screen of the band, and the altimeter.

DeNachtwacht

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
That's a lucky one I guess. Can't imagine you get this kind of a deal under normal circumstances... so I would not hope for it sixseven. When you're sending it back to the repair center I'll guarantee you the answer will be no.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon