Randoms shutoffs and sms

lord dredd

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I read a few threads regarding these issues but still couldnt find anything that works ( i am in India currently)
I purchased this phone 822 from ebay
but the phone keeps shutting off itself if left for idle foe a few minutes :(

i tried flashing to earlier Firmware , but that didnt help ( although this solved the outgoing sms issue with gsm internatuional networks )
also tried doing the exclamation sign thingy but to no avail

Sending the phone back isnt an option anymore

can anyone tell me how can i fix the SHUTTING DOWN of this phone.
please

regards

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That is odd. It sounds like there is some kind of hardware problem if it shuts down when idle.

Would it be possible to take it to Nokia Care?

lord dredd

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks dear MOD for the prompt reply

I think i can do that , but the issue is this phone has not been launched in India as yet ( pretty obvious as its a verizon specific model ;) )
If its software , then i dont think they can help, hardware , i guess they ll be able to do something :p

In the mean time can i be directed to a site or thread where i could find all the original firmwares for this phone ?

can i flash firmware of a red 822 to on a white one ????

thanks

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue occurs when the WiFi is on and the phone is charging. That is the only scenario when my phone would shut off and stop charging until I soft reset the phone. Not a big deal for me. I hope it is a firmware issue that can be resolved through an update.

When my WiFi is off, I have never experienced a shut off. Only when the WiFi is on and when the phone is charging.

I hope this helps.

lord dredd

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have tried everything
LOL even kept the phone stock and disabled all services that i could , and the phone still kept getting turned off
i hacve put it back in the box and waiting for GDR2 , if that fixes my random shutdowns , fine otherwise it will never see the light out of that freakin cupboard .

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Download Nokia Care Suite and download the latest firmware and do a dead flash. After that download all Nokia System apps plus Here Drive and Maps (hint: Lumia Pusher). To solve region issues set the region and language settings to India and turn off international assist under phone settings. Download access point and select your data and mms apn from there for optimum signal and performance (delete all apns under cellular settings). Turn off nfc + bluetooth when not needed.

lord dredd

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Download Nokia Care Suite and download the latest firmware and do a dead flash. After that download all Nokia System apps plus Here Drive and Maps (hint: Lumia Pusher). To solve region issues set the region and language settings to India and turn off international assist under phone settings. Download access point and select your data and mms apn from there for optimum signal and performance (delete all apns under cellular settings). Turn off nfc + bluetooth when not needed.
In have already flashed the latest firmware via nokia care Suite.
And I donno if the rest will help but still will try.
One thing i have noticed that upon adding ms account the turning off frequency increases.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if its a sync issue? Also check your MS a/c region. One suggestion would be to stay w/o the a/c for a couple of hours and then add it and compare the results

ChrisGH

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
In have already flashed the latest firmware via nokia care Suite.
And I donno if the rest will help but still will try.
One thing i have noticed that upon adding ms account the turning off frequency increases.

Sorry for your luck, Verizon doesn't care, Nokia doesn't care. Just keep paying for 2 years on your contract & put it on a shelf so it'll remind you of how Verizon & Nokia sold you a FAULTY phone !!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo