Read SMS aloud thru Bluetooth in Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 in Windows 10 Mobile

Me Again1

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I would like to describe problem(?) I have with Windows 10 in my JGC.
I got new Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 this year and I love this car. I used to use Lumia 1520 with W8.1 and had very nice future- phone, connected to the car's BT was reading received SMS messages by voice to me and gave options to replay or call back. Everything by voice! I didn't took my hands of the wheel and eyes of the road.
After I got Lumia 950XL with Windows 10, I have nothing but problems!
Windows 10 has MAP protocol and this protocol activates Jeep Grand Cherokee's build in application. This applications informs you about arrived message. Also, it brings popup window on the car's display with option to(!) read this message from the screen(!). And this is when I'm driving!
"Read SMS aloud thru Bluetooth" future in Windows 10 moved from independent option in Windows 8.1 to be a part of Cortana now. Cortana and all associated services must be enabled for this future to work. "Read SMS aloud thru Bluetooth" future starts after JGC popup window comes up and announces about message again and does it work, asking permission to read it by voice. When I'm giving permission by command "read", Cortana doesn't "hear" me. Cortana doesn't "hear" any commands given thru car's microphone. And doesn't accept any commands thru local phone mic.
Also, Cortana drains battery very quickly, because all services like location, microphone is turned on.
My battery was drained in max 5-7 hours. I had to keep it connected to charger and phone was very hot.
After 5 days of trying, I returned phone and switched back to L1520.
But I like phone and Windows 10, but luck of this "modifications" MS made pushed me back to L1520.

My question is: After new updates came to 950XL, is it possible to disable MAP protocol in Bluetooth?
Is it possible to use "Read SMS aloud thru Bluetooth" future without Cortana?

Thank you!

Last edited:

feereless

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I would like to describe problem(?) I have with Windows 10 in my JGC.
I got new Jeep Grand Cherokee 2015 this year and I love this car. I used to use Lumia 1520 with W8.1 and had very nice future- phone, connected to the car's BT was reading received SMS messages by voice to me and gave options to replay or call back. Everything by voice! I didn't took my hands of the wheel and eyes of the road.
After I got Lumia 950XL with Windows 10, I have nothing but problems!
Windows 10 has MAP protocol and this protocol activates Jeep Grand Cherokee's build in application. This applications informs you about arrived message. Also, it brings popup window on the car's display with option to(!) read this message from the screen(!). And this is when I'm driving!
"Read SMS aloud thru Bluetooth" future in Windows 10 moved from independent option in Windows 8.1 to be a part of Cortana now. Cortana and all associated services must be enabled for this future to work. "Read SMS aloud thru Bluetooth" future starts after JGC popup window comes up and announces about message again and does it work, asking permission to read it by voice. When I'm giving permission by command "read", Cortana doesn't "hear" me. Cortana doesn't "hear" any commands given thru car's microphone. And doesn't accept any commands thru local phone mic.
Also, Cortana drains battery very quickly, because all services like location, microphone is turned on.
My battery was drained in max 5-7 hours. I had to keep it connected to charger and phone was very hot.
After 5 days of trying, I returned phone and switched back to L1520.
But I like phone and Windows 10, but luck of this "modifications" MS made pushed me back to L1520.

My question is: After new updates came to 950XL, is it possible to disable MAP protocol in Bluetooth?
Is it possible to use "Read SMS aloud thru Bluetooth" future without Cortana?

Thank you!

I am not sure. But my U-connect always says "Incomming SMS from ____, Please hit the phone button to read it".... I CANNOT get that to go away. Idk if its u-connect or the new windows platform, but its annoying as hell. When i try to turn off the SMS notifications on U-connect it still doesnt work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs