read this if anyone wants a good laugh

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Just read the article, I agree with him 100%

He's taken the time (unlike other reporters) to try out the 3rd party apps for instagram, facebook and youtube uploading.
Unfortunatly the instagram apps had problems (true), facebook is terrible and youtube didnt work for him (I cant comment on that as i dont have a 1020).

I respect the author for his article and he seems to be very much "in the know" regarding WP.

The WP supporters in the comments make me mad, crap like linking to a video of 3rd party app 6tagram and saying "AND here is the Windows Phone instagram app under testing - again the best on any platform". How do you know its the best on any platform if its not out yet, also its not an official app.

NosRokanaske

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I read it somewhat thoroughly and i see where he is coming from and i do agree with him to some extent. Right now WP8 is kinda stuck in an infinite loop when it comes to apps.
Why aren't developers making more apps for WP8? Because there isn't a big and stable/growing ecosystem.
Why isn't there a big and stable/growing ecosystem? Because developers aren't making apps. And repeat.
It kinda sucks and really it is up to developers at this point to take a risk and make something for WP8 to see if they get a response. At the same time developers dont want, not really dont want but why should they, to dedicate time and effort on making an app that may or may not be successful on a platform when there are 2 other platforms, iOS and Android, where they most likely will be successful or at least gain user base that will help them become successful by going that route. Halfbrick did take a risk with releasing Fruit Ninja, fully updated to my knowledge, on WP8 but i am pretty sure they knew it would be successful because people were asking for it. I dont think Android's version is even up to date (I checked my Nexus 7 and it didnt seem like the iOS or WP8 version at all).

For me personally, i dont really care what platform i am on because i do pretty basic tasks on my smartphone. I usually only text, web browse, and check my emails. I don't really do anything apart from that and having apps to consume time its just a bonus. But there are people who do use those major apps FB, YouTube, Instagram, and Vine to some extent. There are people interested in WP8 for sure, but because it is lacking those "core" apps, most people just end up sticking with Android or iOS because it has the apps they are always using. There are very good third party apps, but the general consumer doesn't want third party apps simply because it does seem kinda sketchy no matter how good the reviews are. You guys may not agree, but i really believe that not having those apps is holding WP8 back. Its kinda ****ty to say this, but once WP8 does get those apps, then people will start adopting. I love my 920 and probably won't move away from WP8 for a while, but this is the direction it has to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria