Rebuild vs Restore

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I am running W10 Insider on a Verizon Icon. It won't take the latest two builds, so I am about to reset the phone. Is there any harm in using the restore file? or is it cleanest to rebuild? It would seem if the restore just reinstalls the app list, does it contain any windows information that may contaminate the OS?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Restoring(Hard Reset) of your phone will clear all your phone data and apps so (but not your SD card Data). It is the cleanest way to fix some bugs,errors.

Windows [hidden] information can't be contaminated at all.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I am running W10 Insider on a Verizon Icon. It won't take the latest two builds,

i believe you are stuck on build 14946 and couldn't update to the recent builds. There is nothing wrong with your device you need to follow the steps as mentioned in this article to successfully install the latest build. Seeing an error when updating to Windows 10 Mobile build 14955? Here's a workaround | Windows Central

Is there any harm in using the restore file? or is it cleanest to rebuild? It would seem if the restore just reinstalls the app list, does it contain any windows information that may contaminate the OS?

It is recommended on windows insiders to avoid restoring a backup ,as it could bring up new bugs and glitches. Yes it may contaminate your OS in a manner that you will face problems with . Do not confuse contamination with virus or malware as windows mobile could not be infected with those.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6