Reinstall Windows 10 to leave Windows Insider Program?

RacsoVC

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
At some point in the past I signed up for Windows Insider Program. Now I am getting windows 11 preview forced in my updates. I do not want windows 11. I want to stay in windows 10. But I can’t leave the insider program. It won’t let me.(It tells me my only email is not the one registered). I am reading online I must reinstall windows. And that I can do this and keep my apps and programs. But I need to confirm does this mean I would keep my Browsers, Settings and Passwords, Settings for MS Excel, Word ? MS Outlook settings and scripts. All that’s inside Documents & Downloads?
Nvidia video card settings, etc.. [Windows 10 Pro V21H2 build.19044.1620 AMD Ryzen 7 3700X ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS WiFi Sabrent 2TB Rocket 4 Plus NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2 Internal SSD]

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi RacsoVC,

You are looking a clean installation to revert back to Windows 10. You will want to unenroll our device first from the Insider program from your settings (and not the website) and unless you have a system restore point pre-enrollment (rare), you'll have to perform a clean installation. Back up your files, scripts, etc... to an external media device.

If you still run into issues, check the Microsoft forums for others who have similar issues and have trouble leaving the program.

Good luck!

RacsoVC

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
Thank you HelloNNNewman. So I understand, because I cannot unenroll (I’ve tried local & web), I must do a New Win10 Install? Which means I have to reinstall MS Office, (backup .PST, re-setup email accounts & settings), Adobe, Acronis, etc. Copy all content of Documents, Downloads, Desktop, etc. ALL this because Windows Insider is encoded somewhere that a change in the registry cannot fix? And, so this never happens again, do not join the WIP again? Ugh! Currently, I’m not sure I want to move forward and take the other option which would be to update to Win 11 and learn after-the-fact that some of my programs may not work in Win 11. This indeed IS awful. Is there no way to keep receiving updates but deny Win 11 update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett